1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euphoria(HBO show)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ECMember, Jul 4, 2019.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anyone been watching the show Euphoria on HBO? I don't want to spoil the entire plot but I'll surmise the content to you guys. Well it's set in California in present day. The narrator is a Black girl or maybe a mixed-race girl named Rue(she's played by the girl from new Spiderman movies) and she's a recoverying addict. There is a trans character named Jules and she's new to the town. And there is this one guy named Nate and he's insecure about his own sexuality and he has daddy issues. And there is Kat she's an overweight girl and she's learning to explore her sexuality(just sex more not sexual orientation). And there is a black dude named McKay he's a freshman in college and he's dating some chick.

The HBO network gives the show the opportunity to have more heavy drug use and male and female nudity for a high school drama. I could describe more as an Xrated 13rw more or less I would describe

2. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Good show, super realistic. It is a bit vulgar, lots of nudity (penis) specifically.. But overall good show imo. I'm curious to see where they go with it.

3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My favorite characters so far are Rule, Jules, Ethan, Kat.

From the FB Euphoria fan group I am in, 100% of everyone hates Nate

4. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorites are Rue, Jules, Chris, and Fezco.. And I also do not care for Nate. Haha

5. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm trying to see who the biggest high school villian I've seen on tv shows. I think its a threeway tie between Nate, Bryce Walker, and Monty.

Bryce and Monty are the asshole jocks from 13 Reason Why.

But comparing Nate to Bryce and Monty.

Nate didn't have a crew of jock flunkies that followed him. Bryce did and Monty was his wingman or whatever

Both Nate and Bryce are the typical cisgender White male so there is that commonality and both come from upper class backgrounds so there is another similiar characteristic of the two.

6. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never watched 13 Reasons Why, but I've heard all about it... And yes, imo Nate is the stereotypical affluent white male.

But how about that season finale? Definite tearjerker on top of the fact that the season is over.

7. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The season finale.....the ending with Rue's mini-musical video dream thing was over the top. Plus the backdrop with Rue's momma's speech at the NA meeting it had this wierd surreal vibe to it.

Kat/Ethan they barely got Tv time in this episode. To be honest, I rather enjoyed seeing Ethan fucking Kat in the finale more than seeing Nate's bare naked white ass and freaking out of if he's gay or straight every 5 god damn minutes in my opinion.

8. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes.... The season finale was phenomenal!

I didnt mind not seeing Nate so much, so I agree with you on that. The scene with the hoodie and her dad definitely got me in my feelings. The entire episode was great! I cannot wait until season 2, curious to see where they go with it.

9. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hope they promote Austin(the actor for Ethan) to a full time role. I mean if he was given Ethan as a role as a tryout for the show, I think he did a decent job.

I'm surpised this dude wasn't hired to play Tyler on 13rw.

I think Devin Druid that plays Tyler should have been cast as Ethan, Don't you agree

#9 ECMember, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  10. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with I wouldn't mind seeing the character Ethan get more screen time, he does a good job with the character. As for Devin Druid I've never really watched 13RW or him acting in general, so I couldn't really give a real opinion about it. Lol

11. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Devin is a good actor. I mean I do have a mini crush on him from following him as Devin on Insta not Tyler from 13rw.

I mean if I met him at a pub in the US, Id invite him up to talk and get a beer and talk about the show and about books and gaming and stuff

12. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see, I see. Haha. Not familiar with him though, sorry.

13. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    He plays Tyler on 13rw

14. Ryu

Ryu

My bf has talked about it before and I got mega high on Friday and I’ve been like sooooo weird for the last couple days since so I just watched the whole thing in one sitting and like woah
    It’s soooo good
    As a sexually ambiguous teen with a trans partner with a history of drug use, it hits uncomfortable close to home.
    Like there are some scenes which could easily have been conversations I've had with my friends or my family, which is the reason I haven’t watched beautiful boy yet, Cos, even though timothee chalamet is dreamy af, I’ve seen the trailers and I end up thinking to myself, “I’ve had that conversation before”.
    But I feel like it’s tackling real problems that actually exist. I don’t really know anybody outside of my school around my age in the 17-19 range, but for me, at my school, these are things that I, my friends, we go through.