1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How out do you consider yourself to be?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Lena2051

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reading a Lot of these, I'm so lucky. I've been out since I can remember, and did feel the pressure the same, I love you all and feel bad that a lot of you had bad experiences with sensitive things, it makes me sad.
    TL;DR It's ingrained into my being,

2. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm out to everyone except extended family.

3. Ailena2493

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say 90% out . If a girl asked if I was a lesbian I’d say yes even though in the past I dated men ( with no arousal toward them at all) . Compulsory heterosexuality got me bad . I’m just now accepting I’m Lesbkan , Lipstick to be exact , so finding a partner is really hard for me since I have a “ type”I’ve become attracted to . They must be lipstick or femme . Also I wouldn’t be opppsed to dating a older woman but I typically won’t go above 30’s as I’m 26 myself . I’m out to my parents and my best friend , and on social media . But that’s about it .

4. 0to21

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm extremely confident that everyone knows, but my family are the only ones I wouldn’t open with about it. Despite by bio reporting that I'm 'not out at all', that's only in current practice - ideally, I'd be comfortably out to 'all but family' if I had friends/other people to talk to. Right now though, my family are the only people I ever interact with.

#24 0to21, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  5. Ballplayer

Ballplayer Guest

I'm out to some friends. I don't publicly display my orientation. I'm hesitant to tell people if I think they're just being nosey.

6. Ailena2493

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone I know personally sees me as lesbian , since I came out as that recently . But , although I pass as straight , I am a Lipstick Lesbian , so I wear a double Venus necklace with the rainbow colors to show I’m Lesbian to strangers

7. H12223

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to think i’m almost if not completely out. Being gay isn’t necessarily something I tell someone straight up but if it comes up I’ll say it unless the person has given me reason not to. Just a few days ago my lab partner in my chemistry class asked if I was dating a friend of mine (the friend she was referring to was a girl) and I just responded with “Uhh...I’m gay” and that’s usually how I come out to most people now.

8. Push

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not at all man. I got zero support. I don’t even think I should.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people know about me. It is not something that I shout from the rooftops or anything. It just tends to come up from time to time and I'll tell people. Since I work in a field where I have clients that try to use it agaist me, I tell all of my coworkers know because I wanted them to find out from me instead of others.

10. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just came out to myself and don't think anyone would suspect I'm gay. I've never been asked if I like men.

11. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this point, it’s kind of hard for me to pass as anything other than a gay man (which I am thrilled about). My out status as trans is on a need to know basis. I don’t try to hide it, but I never introduce myself with that fact. If it comes up in conversation and I trust the person, they can know. All of my close friends know, and I came out to my family years ago now.

As for being gay, I’m 100% out with no regrets whatsoever.

12. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to someone new recently, despite my initial nervousness. He asked me if I'd ever had a boyfriend. I froze. Sadly, even though my bad experiences were several years ago, I can sometimes still instinctively freeze up when asked about my dating life. I took a slow breath in and out, then I opened up. Although I know that it's a small thing, I felt happy that I managed to do it anyway despite my nerves.

Gradually, it's starting to get easier. I've met more people in the LGBT community IRL in these past few months. Beginning to feel more comfortable. I think that one day I will consider myself out to everyone, but I'm not quite there yet. That's OK.

13. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Out to friends and family, not so much to strangers.

14. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Out to friends and family. Seems like to everyone else I'm stuck in schroedinger's closet. I've lied by omission about being gay or straight in various situations, to avoid drama or perhaps to incur more sympathy. I was out to some people at my last job but I've actually said nothing at my current job. No reason either... honestly. In fact there's another guy at work who's quite gay and quite out about it, and I feel like a bit of a jerk having said nothing over the past year. But, nobody asked, and I'm not seeing anyone. So it hasn't come up. I figure eventually it will and it'll be a fun conversation piece at some point and then everyone will go back to not caring.