1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I feel romantic or sexual attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dyingbutthrivin, Aug 6, 2019.

1. dyingbutthrivin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    a boy held my hand and my heart started beating v fast. Outside of that one interaction, I think that he’s aesthetically pleasing but not really attracted to him in normal circumstances. A girl leaned in to kiss me and before she did, I felt very hot like my whole body was like jxjendkjcnd. But outside of those circumstances, I don’t feel much of anything when I look at her. For these two events, I wasn’t even looking at them at all, i was just aware of what they were saying etc. Is this romantic attraction or sexual attraction? Am I asexual and just looking to be in a relationship? Does anyone relate? I posted a similar thread like a week ago and I had no replies? If you don’t have an answer, can you still reply with a ‘I don’t know’ or something? makes me feel less alone :slight_smile:

2. Rachel9245

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh. I think I would go with sexual attraction and not romantic attraction. Then again, it's all just hormones in the brain so maybe your brain hasn't linked hand holding and kissing to people yet. Super interesting and I do hope that someone chimes in that has experienced the same. I've always had annoying romantic longings for people from afar so it's not something I can relate to. Do you feel anything when watching characters in love on tv shows/movies?

3. redsky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have a definite answer to this. I remember reading that there can be a distinction between arousal and attraction. Maybe what you were experiencing was new to you and felt exciting, and you felt comfortable with the people you were with but there wasn't much more to it. I wouldn't judge much more based on what you describe and see with time to who you feel "drawn" to as an indicator for attraction. Personally it hasn't happened to me often but I do remember an instance where I felt aroused by being touched by someone who I did not feel attracted to in a romantic way and also wasn't interested in engaging in anything sexual with that person. So I think it's more about what you want in this case. You still have time to figure it out :slight_smile:

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get from where you are coming from, it seems like physical attraction to me. I am in the same boat and had both of that jxjendkjcnd moment with guys and girls. I know it can be confusing when you are questioning but with more experience and time it will become clearer.

As for me, romantic attraction is something that makes you think about spending time with that person, creating those scenarios in your head, wanting to be in a relationship with them. Physical attraction is more about wanting to be close to them, kiss them, crave any kind of physical interaction, and each touch like holding hands will make your blood boil a bit. If you turn out to be a bisexual, it is also completely okay to be attracted to one gender more than the other in different ways. For examples being more sexually attracted to girls and more emotionally to guys.

You are definitely not alone, it takes time, but it will become clear in a while.:slight_smile:

Take care!