1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of going to hell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anonmember, Aug 2, 2019.

1. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone is flawed (not necessarily evil, there's a difference). No one is perfect. And if you think you are, you're buying into a huge delusion.

#21 anonmember, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That’s what we’re trying to tell you. Even going within the constructs of the Bible and the belief that is is the literal word of God, being gay is not a flaw. People have twisted the Bible and played with translations from ancient languages to English to try to convince you it is a flaw to make you afraid to be who you truly are.

Moses and Jesus didn’t speak English. Paul didn’t speak English. And they didn’t live in Boise Idaho. Their words have been translated to English by modern people with biases and agendas. Plus, for a lot of scriptures you have to look at the context of their time and culture to understand their intended meaning.

#22 Unsure77, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  3. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even the most conservative of Southern Baptist preachers will tell you that you have to look at context (both the overall reading and understanding the culture and history of the time it was originally written) and you have to look at the scriptures in their original language to truly understand them. Things can get confusing or messed up in translation or taken out of context.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly. You're no more flawed than anyone else. This fear, its of your own imagination.

5. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would second the recommendation for Matthew Vines and "God and the gay Christian". I would also try to find an affirming church in your area, where maybe you can talk to the pastor about some of this? https://www.gaychurch.org/

6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am bisexual and also afraid of this also

7. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wasn't the story about angels being raped. It wasn't about gay men having sex.

8. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, they threatened to rape the angles but raped the daughters instead. The biggest part of the context there was they wanted the angles to leave and Lot protected them.

9. illbehere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey OP! I stumbled upon this thread and while I can't really help because I am Jewish, something @ThatBorussenGuy said reminded me of a song from the musical The Prom which coincidentally closes today. What the show is about is a town that cancels their prom because a girl wants to take another girl and a bunch of Broadway stars trying to save their reputation intervene. There is this one song where one of the main characters is speaking to the students trying to show them that being gay isn't Emma's, the main character, fault. You might want to check it. It's called Love Thy Neighbor. Either way, The Prom is an awesome show. When it was in the Macy's Day Parade this year, it was the first LGBT+ kiss aired on national television. They are also making a move and book out of it! Now I'm not 100% sure how accurate this is because as I said before, I'm Jewish, but I'm just trying to help y'all out. Best of luck!

10. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a hard time going to church since I came out as Bisexual

11. Crow King

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I experienced this once with something else. The solution was no longer believing in the Bible due to several contradictions.

12. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Jakebusman! My immediate thought when I read your post was, "Well, then you're going to the wrong church!".

13. Ailena2493

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fear of hell Is what made me convert to Wicca . In Wicca , there is no hell, no demons , no ghosts . There are fairies , pixies , and the God and Goddess . In Wicca , LGBT people exist and the goddess embraces us . For me I know if I had stayed in Christianity , I would of gone insane from trying to decipher those bible verses . The Bible is like any other book, manmade and revised over thousands of years . And Wicca while not being the oldest religion out there is based off of paganism which is based on very very old beliefs predating Christianity . Feel free to check it out , maybe it will relieve your anxiety about going to hell. To know there’s other religions out there .

14. Loves books

If I end up in hell so will most of my family. The Bible gives an impossible standard to live by and most religions pick and choose parts to focus on. I personally don’t believe in hell as the Catholic Church describes it, but I do believe there is a place that the truly evil like murderers and rapists end up when they die and I am 100% sure that all the gays won’t be there.

15. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am very interested in Wicca. I am curious if you have a book that you would recommend for it?

16. Ailena2493

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Wicca a guide to solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham and solitary witch by silver raven wolf

17. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I grew up in a Christian family and for a long time believed I was going to hell for being gay. I used to read the Bible in my native language as well as the original classical Hebrew and translate back and forth and try to find my way out of those verses, but there was no way out, and I use to lay awake at night believing I am sinful and that God left me.
    It took years of self hatred to realize how wrong I was. I'm not much of a Christian these days - I'm not really sure where I am today when it comes to faith - but I do have faith in God, and I believe God created us as we are. I don't know why He created LGBT people, or why he made me gay, or you bi. No clue. But I don't think we'll go to hell for being as He made us.
    As for hell - I believe that if there is a hell, those who go there go for choosing evil. I was never asked to choose if I wanted to be gay, and I've never heard of any other LGBT person who got to choose their orientation. We are as He made us. Which means we're not defective in any way. Take care.

18. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having a hard time with this

19. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am proud to say that I am not afraid of this anymore because I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior a couple weeks ago and now I can know for sure I will go to heaven.

I won’t be a part of the Empty Closets community anymore because of this. I may pop in every once in a while to check private messages but I most likely won’t be posting anymore.

If you have any questions about my conversion to Christianity, please private message me.

20. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never thought I would become a Christian after being New Age for so long. I thought I would always be New Age. I even remember telling my mom "I will always be New Age". Sometimes life takes you places you never expect to go.