1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did your parents have their suspicions before you came out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Apr 3, 2019.

?

Did they?

1. Yes.

42.9%
  2. No.

24.3%
  3. I'm not out to my parents.

17.1%
  4. Other.

15.7%
  1. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've not formally come out to my parents, but I think they do know or at least suspect that I am gay. I've never told them that I am actually bisexual, or that I desire to wear women's clothes. Not sure if they are aware of that.

#41 LaurenSkye, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not out to my parents but they do have their suspicions. My grandmother has asked me if I am gay a few times because I use to bring my ex over all the time (and still do since we're still friends) and my mother and stepfather has asked my grandmother if I am gay multiple times.

3. Delphine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After I came out, my mom told me that she had suspected I might like girls when for a whole year when I was 16 I’d spend my days talking to this one female friend online. We’d often talk on the phone too and we met in person several times. I was quite dependant on this girl emotionally almost as if we were a couple, but in hindsight I wasn’t attracted to her, but to the idea of being so close to a girl.
    Later on I secretly fell in love with another female friend while at the same time dating guys so any suspicions my mom previously had were forgotten, til I finally got my first girlfriend in my mid twenties and came out to my family.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, at least she should be happy that you aren't sleeping with too many girls now! LOL

(Unfortunately, of course, I remember enough of your situation to know that her ideal would be for you to be with 1 woman and provide grandkids...)

#44 BMC77, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  5. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I honestly have no idea. I never came out to either parent when they were alive. That said...I have wondered if they didn't have suspicions. Based on one event a year or so before my mother died many years ago, I have to wonder now if she didn't question and wasn't possibly in denial. Then, again, it's also very possible that she never questioned.

I have to wonder if my father also didn't wonder. If nothing else, there was the fact that I was perpetually single, and had no known history of even dating. Then, again, there were other factors in my life that could explain the zero dating.

I'll probably never know, unless I find someone that one of my parents confided in, which seems highly unlikely. But I do have to wonder...