1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for removing/covering facial hair?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by renard, Jul 28, 2019.

1. renard

renard Guest

Hi all,

I've been presenting as more femme lately, which has made me a lot happier. One of the parts of my body that I still consistently dislike, though, is my facial hair. For context, my hair is dark enough and my skin is light enough that even a smooth-to-the-touch shave leaves a visible shadow.

Luckily, I'm good at makeup! But I really don't like wearing foundation every day, and at my food service job I don't particularly want to be sweating through an extra layer of makeup. And so I was wondering if y'all had any other tips or tricks for managing facial hair and visible shadow. I'm aware of longer-term solutions like electrolysis/HRT/etc., but until I get my finances and insurance to move me in that direction, I'm wondering how y'all manage.

2. NoName87

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah color correction an makeup is pretty much it. You could try waxing some people’s skin can Handel it.

3. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think most of Transwemen have the same issue , it will takes sometimes until you get used to it , If you have to stay outside for long you may want use a good concealer to cover the shadows spots you mentioned, for the sweating issue You can try makeup mist and or setting spray it helps keep your makeup in good shape for longer also one thing that i know it works is to try to be cool :slight_smile: as mush as you can
    If you experience oily looking skin try to avoid using any type of paper napkins as it may damage your makeup , Try to use Blotting sheets instead the sheets it take off the oil only without wiping off your makeup you can add some powder after if you think you need it.
    I hope this helps