1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YinYang, Dec 23, 2016.

1. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today marks 5 years since my family back in California adopted our Shepherd/Boxer mix. I don't get to see him too often but I like to say we are in a long distance relationship. My bf has two cats at his house who seem to like me ok.

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There are 3 cats in my house, the oldest is bonded to me. I was at a farm to pick up one kitten and there was a another small one, kinda the runt of the litter. I put her inside my jacket one cold rainy October day and she has been mine ever since. That was about 16 years ago. When she passes I will miss her greatly.

3. ravenscarlett

I have a yellow lab named Lily, a tabby cat named Milo, and a grey fluffy cat named Beau.

4. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an ultra fat tabby cat and I love him for life <3. very derpy and adorable

5. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a Boston terrier and a half Boston half pit bull. There's also another Boston in the house but she doesn't belong to me.

6. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a black cat named Sen (you can see him in my album pictures). :grin: He's sweet and lovey, although sometimes he gets too playful and bites me. He's my baby-kitty. :love:

7. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He looks just like my sister's cat. So adorable lol

8. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! :grin: He just turned 5 in October. A Halloween kitty! :icon_wink

9. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aw, I'm so sorry for your losses. :frowning2: Are you doing okay?

I have two dogs! A short-haired, sable German Shepherd called Nylaah and a golden English Cocker Spaniel called Kasper. I love them to bits and talk about them at any given opportunity, haha.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    - I have a 65 pound, 9-year-old, black Labrador retriever mix (Posh). When I was 16, my sister and I found her in a run-down neighborhood when she was a few weeks old. There were several puppies (including the mother) running around. I told myself that if I got one, I'd get the one that looks like it's in bad health so that I could try to help it, or at least let it live its remaining days in a loving, comfortable home. I saw a small black puppy laying in a pile of ants by a sewer drain. She looked exhausted and was covered in scabs. About 2 inches of the end of her tail was a big scab. I picked her up, put her in a towel, and drove off. (Thankfully, no other puppies were in that condition. The rest of the puppies were up and running around. I should have called a shelter about those puppies, but it was 2007, and I didn't know that no-kill shelters existed.) My sister drove while I stayed in the back seat and held Posh in the towel. I noticed she was missing a lot of hair and had a lot of dermatitis. I could also tell that, by the bloating of her stomach, that she had worms. But I was determined to bring her to good health. I was listening to my Spice Girls CD while we drove off, which is why I chose to name her Posh (she also goes by Wubby, and she answers to both, lol). I drove her to my friend's boyfriend's house, and he poured her a bowl of dry dog food; she scarfed it down within minutes. When I got home, I ran bath water at a lukewarm temperature and held onto her as I began bathing her. She screamed and cried the most horrible cries I've ever heard a dog make. I panicked and made sure she wasn't in any pain (she stopped screaming immediately after I took her out of the water). So I'm sure she was just scared and not used to being wet. That little turd, lmao. >_>; She pretty much screamed the whole time I bathed her. I gently began to debride her wounds. I made sure she wasn't in any pain from the debridement (she wasn't crying while I was doing it since I did it while she wasn't in the water). I debrided as much as I could without making her bleed much (she bled a little bit, but she didn't notice/didn't react to it). I wrapped her up in a towel and slept with her in my arms all night long. I bonded with her so greatly because of that. It's like a huge amount of oxytocin was released and I immediately became attached. I actually feel like she is my child. She has been the best dog, and I would die for her without hesitation. People say that I rescued her. But truthfully, she rescued me.

This was Posh on the second day that I had her. (My sister was driving, so I sat in the back seat with Posh. She seemed much better on this day, than how she seemed the day before. I'm guessing she was just dehydrated and tired from laying in the sun all day.)
    [​IMG]

This was her about 2 months after I found her. She was being silly and I managed to take a picture just in time. XD
    [​IMG]

This was her when she was maybe 2 or 3 years old. She is such a funny dog and she makes me laugh almost every day. This is living proof that I raised her to be just like me. >:3
    [​IMG]

This is her now. She's graying around her mouth, and it breaks my heart. She's still extremely hyper and in great health.
    [​IMG]

- I have a 7 pound, 6-year-old, long-haired, blonde Chihuahua (Mia). I originally adopted her for my mom for her Mother's Day surprise. The shelter I rescued her from agreed to let me foster her until they completed her heartworm treatments, free of charge. After she completed her treatments, I adopted her for $200. When I signed the papers, I signed my own name instead of my mom's, because I take up the most time with Mia. I feed her, bathe her, clean up after her, and pay for all her vet bills. Yet, my mom still insists that Mia is hers. I continue to remind her that, by law, Mia is mine. I also told her that if she continues to smoke around Mia, that I will move out and take her with me. She always gets so angry when I say that, but I refuse to let Mia be exposed to that crap. I don't like putting stipulations on things, especially on something that was originally a gift. But I have bonded with Mia and love her dearly, so I'm trying to do what's best for her. I know my mom loves Mia, because she talks about her and thinks about her all the time. But it's like she's so clumsy and lazy when it comes to actually taking care of her. When we first got Mia, she weighed 5.5 pounds. (My mom and her boyfriend constantly feed her junk, which has caused her to gain a pound and a half in just a few months.) I constantly fuss at them, but they brush off my concerns and continue feeding her junk. I plan on moving out sometime next month and giving my mom the ultimatum; either feed Mia correctly and stop smoking around her, or she's coming with me.

I got Mia on April 26th of this year. When we first got her, she didn't want to have much to do with us. She hid under my mom's bed a lot and severely resource guarded her dog bed. She growled a lot and tried biting us when we attempted to pet her. We came to the conclusion that she had been mistreated at her last home. She had heartworms, which informed me that the old lady who had her before us, kept her outside a lot (which is insane because Mia is so small and at risk for being preyed upon by hawks and other big birds). She also had two lower abdominal hernias, which makes me wonder if someone had been abusing her. I know that dogs can get hernias from birth, but the lady who had her first said that Mia didn't always have them. Mia is especially leery of men and she hates when anyone creeps around the corner, while using their upper body to look around. She also has separation anxiety. When we leave the house, sometimes she will scream and cry like she's being tortured. It's awful. I'm very observant of Mia's behavior. We have had her for exactly 7 months tomorrow. She has warmed up to us A LOT. Whenever we come home, she is waiting by the washing machine in the kitchen, right by the door to the garage. She does this funny thing with her body like she's trying to roll over on her back, but she only rolls the upper half of her body and kinda rubs against our feet. That's her telling us that she wants to be picked up, lol. Her absolute favorite thing to do is to go "bye-bye" (riding in the car). Her second favorite thing to do is to eat, of course! She LOVES cheese (which is also my favorite food). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This is her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- I have a 12 pound, 10+ year old, Russian Blue/Nebelung cat. I'm not certain about what his true age is. The veterinarian guessed that he was 6-8 years old a few years ago, so now he's probably 10-12 years old. He's really mellow and sweet, even though he looks pissed off 90% of the time. XD I rescued him, too. He was living under my porch for about a month. I don't know where he came from, but I know that he used to belong to someone. He would come out from under the porch to lay on my mom's patio furniture. He would also come up to us and rub against us sometimes. I decided to start feeding him, because he was extremely thin. He is supposed to be between 7-15 pounds, but he only weighed 4.5 pounds. He kept wanting to come inside, but my mom wouldn't let him because she didn't like cats (she was only used to mean cats that hiss and claw furniture). But he started being affectionate towards my mom, and she started liking him. She still wouldn't let him come inside, so I convinced her that he might have Leukemia, lmao! I would make a pitiful voice and cough, like I was imitating him. She got so pissed, but she finally caved and let him come inside. XD (He does not have any diseases, and he's very healthy.) He's now an inside cat 98% of the time. He's no longer allowed to go outside without supervision because he's a sexual maniac. He's responsible for over 20 other cats/kittens. >_> I wanted to get him fixed, but I just never get around to it. He doesn't mind, though. He loves being inside.

This is him laying in my spot in my bed. I moved for just a few seconds, and he hijacked my spot. D:< (I know he looks evil, but I swear he's so sweet.)
    [​IMG]

This is him on the couch. I don't know why, but he always does this with his paw. Its caption is, "You wanna fight?"
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the novel. I just love animals. XD

#30 Anthemic, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  11. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I HAVE TWENTY RABBITS. Not on purpose. We are trying to sell most of them. When people talk about multiplying like rabbits, there's a reason that phrase exists.

12. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a giant African land snail. They're an albino and they live in my bedroom.

13. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg all of your pets are so cute! I have a Nebulung cat, too! He's really sweet and me and my family got him from the animal shelter around when he was 3 years old. He's probably 4 right now we're not sure.

14. Kleeeniks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Aquarium lovers here?

15. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Another black kitty person here! I have a black kitten named Itachi.

16. Loves books

I have a small jack Russell and shi tzu cross. She’s really cute but really hyper. I got her from the pound. I didn’t have much of a choice, you have to tell the pound what you want in a dog and they would call you when they had one. I asked for a small dog. She sheds super thin hair constantly. It took my sister several trips home to realize she’s mildly allergic. It doesn’t stop her from having the dog on her lap. Everyone who meets my dog loves her because she’s really friendly to people, but obviously thinks she’s a big dog because she’ll go for any dog her size or smaller. Her name is Jenny. That’s one of the English translations of my name. I didn’t pick it she was already called that. My mum thinks I don’t walk her enough and keeps saying I should give her to someone who loves her more who will walk her. I have a physical disability I didn’t ask for it and I’m doing my best. My dad acts like he hates her but we think he secretly likes her. She has a bad habit of finding animal poop and rubbing her neck in it. We live in the countryside and so far she’s avoided cow poo. It annoys me when I have to bathe her a lot because of animal poo. She knows when a bath is coming and tries to avoid it but she never makes a fuss in the water. I spray her with the shower attachment so she’s not standing in water.

17. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently we are fostering a 4 month old dachshund pupper, and am back home for the next two weeks so we have an old boxer boy going on 12 years, and a new black border collie lab mix who just turned a year old, she’s a rescue <3 the puppy goes back tomorrow we only had him while his new parents come grab him from Nevada! His name is “Phillip”

18. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a pomchi (pomeranian chihuahua mix) named Lilly.

19. Joeri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have two cats. the older one is 8 years old, the younger one is just 4 months old. their names are Victoria and Susie.