1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly bi and acting out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Vanillaboy, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, I haven't but I want to. I'm a 41 year old virgin and now that I've accepted myself, I feel like I need to catch up quick. I am on a hookup site and I've even talked to this guy in my area and exchanged photos and he wants to meet and I am scared. Has anyone done this? Is this normal in my position??

2. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being nervous is normal and healthy ... there are risks meeting people and having sex ... that's just part of package. If you are actually "scared" then that's probably not the right situation for you. As in all situations, take the appropriate steps to ensure you can protect yourself and feel free to leave or stand up the guy if you feel like it. You're not alone in feeling both anxious and excited.

3. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are you doing to ensure you are taking care of your health?
    Have you had the cycle of Hep A, Hep B, Meningitis or HPV vaccines? Virginity is the best state of health to get the HPV cycle of shots.

4. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I guess more nervous for my physical safety and my health. For straight peoatsple, the women is always on the defense because in general the man is the possible threat. Now that I have to deal with that because I'm planning on sleeping with men it makes me nervous and then of course there is the serious STDs like HIV/AIDS. I know treatment isuch much better but it still makes me nervous.

5. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nothing really planning on condoms I suppose. I guess I should talk to my doctor. Also my dermatologist because I'm on Humira which a selective immunosuppressant. So I need to find out how that affects my risks. I also need to talk about other health issues I have such as sleep apnea and fatty liver. If STDs can make these conditions worse.

6. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guys who have been out for years and are not virgins are on hookup sites. Its really quite common. If you are a virgin dont waste for first time with some app guy who will have sex with you and ghost the next day ( or same day). You domt need to catch up for anyone. Move at your own pace. You are right to be scared. Remember if someone is ok with randomly hooking up with you amd they dont even know you that means they are doing the same thing with everyone. wear protectiom but I would advise you not to lose your virginity with someone like this.

7. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hear you, I don't know how to react though. Yes obviously if they are willing to hookup with me they are willing to hook up with anyone. I guess based on the old school definition, I am not a virgin. I had a oral only FWB relationship with an actual friend when I was 13. It only lasted a month or two but orsl will not be this totally unknown experience. My eagerness is more of a pleasure thing for me. I've been just masterbating since then. Now that I am willing to give myself permission to try guys, I feel like it's been bottled up for 25+ years. So yes I do appreciate your advice but I'm conflicted. Perhaps an oral only hookup is something that would be more appropriate.

8. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh if it is bottled up and you want sex based fun dive in and wear protection

9. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people use the apps and seem to have a good time. I'm not really an expert, but my advice would be to try and meet for coffee or a drink before just showing up at someone's house. Make sure they are who they say they are, and that you feel comfortable with them. But one of the advantages of being gay/bi is that it's generally easier to get laid than as a straight man -- so I say enjoy it!

10. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [QUOTE="nerdbrain, post: 6673916, member: 51249"But one of the advantages of being gay/bi is that it's generally easier to get laid than as a straight man -- so I say enjoy it![/QUOTE]
    Why do you think i joined the club? LOL. Just kidding we all know its invitation only.