1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone! I'm new (14F bi) and hoping to come out soon :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MorganAsh, Jul 14, 2019.

1. MorganAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently discovered this forum and am sorta looking for advice. More than anything, I would love to make some friends online!

About a week ago, I came out to my mom and best friend as bisexual. A few days ago I came out to another trusted friend. So far everything is going pretty great I suppose. I can't come out to the rest of my family because they wouldn't accept me. The idea of fully coming out is somewhat terrifying to me and I am not sure if I can really be considered part of the lgbt community. Either way, I look forward to chatting with new friends in a hopefully judge free zone!

2. Writer8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Morgan Ash. Turns out I just joined this forum, too. When I say 'just,' what I really mean is now - I literally signed on a few minutes ago. I saw your post and immediately related. I only discovered I was gay only until a year ago. Even after that, I told myself that I "liked other guys." The term 'gay' didn't seem safe. Since then, I got more comfortable with my identity: 'gay' isn't a hazardous trigger word it once was.

As is evident: I love to talk about myself and I need to shut up.:eyes: Anyway, I don't think any of your emotions are weird or abnormal. Coming out is a scary, daunting thing. I'm not bisexual, so I don't claim to fully understand your situation. However, I have felt (and continue to feel at times) the same way. I have a friend who's bi, and she told me before that many people like her feel exclusion from the rest of the LGBTQ community. I want to assure you - you don't have to care what other people consider to be the necessary qualifications to be in this community. You identify as what you want to see yourself as.

Apologies for the novel. But I hope you feel better soon. Get through the days, because that's the most important thing one can do.

3. Reviskova

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Writer8 is right! and you definitely can be considered a part of the community, its best to not care what other people (especially exclusionists) think. i know bisexual exclusion is a (somewhat contreversial) issue that bothers a lot of bi people (or people in general), but bisexuals are as much as a community as all the others! congrats on coming out, even to a couple people is a achievement. in my experience this forum is pretty friendly/open and i havent seen more than maybe two judgemental people here. the rest of them are good people, and a lot love to give advice (including myself) so im sure anything you need help with will be answered. Welcome to the forum and i hope you find what you are looking for!

#3 Reviskova, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. Jamilove

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Morgan
    This community is very good place to be bi and is a judge free zone. There are many bi people here. In the LGBT community there is in my opinion bi exclusion. It's difficult for people on either side of the fence gay or straight to understand how we can be attracted to both. And both sides may have been burned by a bi person. They can't understand why you would leave them for someone of the same or opposite sex if the aren't bi. It hits hard. At least that how one gay man explained it to me. No rush to come out.

Jami