1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diagnosed with HPV

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jmh0725, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jmh0725

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I have been recently been diagnosed with HPV. Also had to get a histerectomy due to cervical cells that were 1 cell mutation away from being cancer. So basically I learned all of this information at the same time and had the surgery a month later. I'm glad I'm out of the woods for cancer but what's really bothering me is the HPV. Since I've found that out I just feel completely disgusted with myself. I think I'm having sex drive problems and I'm ashamed of myself. My wife is being very supportive. We had made an appointment for her to get tested and turns out she has it too. I can not stop being so disgusted and angry with myself that I gave it to her and put her in danger. I hate myself because of the damage I've done. Oddly she seems to be ok with it and accepts it but I am struggling with it. I'm so angry with myself. Is there anyone that can relate to this or am I alone here?

2. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad to hear you are out of the woods for cancer, but so sorry to hear how hard you are taking HPV. Since it is the most common STI, there's no need for shame or disgust. In fact, the CDC reports, "HPV is so common that almost every person who is sexually-active will get HPV at some time in their life if they don’t get the HPV vaccine" (emphasis mine). Your wife is okay and accepts it, please respect yourself enough to "forgive" yourself and let it go. Now, be kind to yourself.

3. Jmh0725

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's an interesting about what the cdc said. That makes me feel a little Better knowing it's a common thing, thank you!