1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's hard to imagine what life would be like if I wanted to transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all,

fluid, so not sure whether transition would really be something ideal but...

Sometimes, I try to imagine what life would be like if I did, and it's hard to imagine that. I think I'd pass well actually, and look pretty, but... even so, I'm trying to envision what life entails for a trans woman, even one that passes well. Even cis women have challenges that males don't, so it's hard to imagine all of this. Imagining what life is like on the other side of the pond. And wondering what it takes for someone to feel transitioning is the move for them.

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Choosing to transition is an incredibly personal decision.

It can be very hard to imagine the experience, because the experience is unique and different for each person that goes through it. Some people have the privilege of being able to pass, while some people do not. The notion of passing is problematic in itself.

What I did to figure out how things would turn out is to look at my relatives. In my case I turned out a lot like my mom.

LaurenSkye likes this.
  3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have always wondered the same thing about myself.

4. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Indeed, it's such a personal experience- very difficult to measure. I guess I wonder about the headspace of a passing trans woman and what that lifestyle is like on a day by day. (Of course the notion of passing is inherently problematic, but (unfortunately) it can potentially be of influence to how others perceive)