1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it okay to wear some women's clothes?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spot, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    By "women's clothes" I only really mean one hoodie that I have. I've had it for a long time like before I knew I was transgender. And it's black and white striped, I like it a lot and I want to start wearing it again. Maybe. I don't know if it's a good idea, for passing's sake. It doesn't really look too feminine, I don't think. I mean, I've seen guys with similar looking hoodies so I don't think it'll be a problem but I don't know. I don't think it clings to my body or anything because it's kind of baggy but I'm still going to wear a men's shirt underneath, men's jeans, men's everything else lol. Would it be okay as long as it's not too tight and doesn't look overly feminine? I still want to pass.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like it's overly feminine. I was the same way with a few of my button ups shirts. They're not overly feminine, but they are cut a bit differently, and I've never not passed while wearing them. I think most trans people feel that way when it comes to certain clothing items or anything else. But if you like it, you should be able to wear it. If you already pass as it is, I don't think a hoodie will be the reason you don't pass.

BradThePug likes this.
  3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don’t think a hoodie would hurt you chances of passing. I used to be very concious about men’s or women’s clothing, but now I incorporate both into my wardrobe. Unless something is very feminine, it’s unlikely anyone will notice.

BradThePug likes this.
  4. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hugs I think it would be okay