1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, when I'm passing I look 12

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nelalvai, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I go out passing as male I generally get mistaken for very young. I don't get carded because people assume No Way am I 21. I'm actually 24 next week! It's the baby face (and maaaaaaybe the height? I'm 5'5").

I'm not ready to do hormones or anything medical. But maybe someone has some makeup tricks to add on the years?

2. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, yes, the dreaded "Peter Pan Syndrome." This is a common problem, and I don't know if anyone has managed to entirely solve this, beyond simply aging up over the years.

Facial hair really helps, if you're able to grow it. Rogaine helps with this, even before T. Just don't use it if you have cats. Rogane is deadly toxic to cats, even in small amounts or incidental contact such as a cat sleeping on your pillow after you.

A short, conservative and traditional haircut - a "businessman's cut" or a "gentleman cut" helps with a more mature look, especially with a "hard part" (a type of side part). Longer hairstyles and modern/stylish/edgy cuts make most guys look younger.

Clothing-wise, again, stay away from modern/stylish/edgy fashions, stick with traditional classic stuff, something you'd expect to see on a 30- or 40-year-old, not a 22 year old college kid or 17-year-old high schooler.

Eventually you'll grow out of it, but from knowing a lot of trans guys, it's likely you'll appear 10-15 years younger than your chronological age until you hit your 50s.

#2 Cailan, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  3. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hah, I actually played Peter Pan when I was 16!
    I do have cats so rogaine is out but I'll give the haircut a try. Right now I have a buzz cut, which maybe plays up the baby-face.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people will just always look young. I have been on hormones for aroung 5 years now. I look like I am 16. I've just learned to go with it. I'm actually 26. It can be annoying at times, but I've just made peace with the fact that i look way younger than I really am.