1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing it... weight I mean!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by I'mStillStanding, Jan 20, 2019.

1. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea I am doing this for me :slight_smile: I wanna be able to look in the mirror and say... “yea I’d f*** me!”

That said I did have a really bad encounter regarding my weight/appearance last year and have since been keeping to myself!

Wow that’s intense... I was really happy with my 2 miles today lol (hadn’t been out walking/jogging in a bit) and now I’m feeling like a slob kabob lol

Your diet is very focused as well... I guess when I’m down another 40 lbs or so and only have like 30 to lose I’ll re-evaluate mine...

This is why your progress has been so major! It’s amazing... I gotta do better and make sure I’m hitting my goals when it comes to eating... I’ve been falling way short especially in my calorie intake! Gonna start logging everything again to make sure I hit the mark :slight_smile:

bearheart likes this.
  2. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree but everyone is always saying... I wanna be healthy... I gotta get my health right... I’m doing this for my health... I’m like nope I’m doing this to look good... that is why lol being healthier would be great but sexy is the focus!

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And that is awesome. I like to tell people who listen, that I'm trying to get fitter just for the sake of getting fitter and looking better. Everything doesn't have to be for a healthier reason lol. So, Kudos! Nothing wrong with wanting to flaunt a beach body lol. Not that I'm advocating for one. I know I'm not the six-pack, ripped kinda guy anyway. *giggle*

I'mStillStanding likes this.
  4. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update....

I’ve finally hit a new number bracket. Been trying since first of March and made it today :slight_smile: I’m extremely happy with this since I’ve been under so much stress the last few weeks! At this rate it’s gonna be year before I am where I want to be which is a bit daunting, but progress is progress!

Dionysios and Ram90 like this.
  5. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! So happy for you!

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Inspiring!

7. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations, I found out that one has to be patient and keep doing whatever you are doing. Your body is going to adapt, but at a certain point would need to burn more than it can store. So eventually, with time, you start losing weight. Good job.

8. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @bearheart and @bingostring thank you guys so much :slight_smile: I clicked over today and realized I didn’t reply yet. I was distracted with what was happening here but I did want y’all to know I appreciate the kind words.

Today I officially hit 120 lbs total weight loss. That’s crazy to me that I’ve lost that much. I’ve been honest I still have more to go but I’m sure happy realizing this progress. It came at the perfect time. While I still have a bit of a hog jaw (double chin), compared to what it was it’s so much smaller. Tuesday was my grandmother’s funeral and my dad still has not acknowledged my weight loss. We don’t talk ever and only see each other at events we have to. But after the service he reached over and grabbed my second chin.... it was just awful and humiliating. So today seeing the progress and realizing I’m still moving forward on my journey to finding my sexy was great :slight_smile:

9. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is awesome, 120lb so far is great. congratulations.

I'm sorry for your loss. And don't worry about anyone's acknowledging your weight loss, you're doing it for you! Sometimes fathers like to do this to their kids, not in a humiliating way but a kind of disguised acknowledgement! Keep it up, you're doing great.

Here is a link that I found useful when starting exercising:
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/exercise-intensity/art-20046887

Good luck

10. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the kind words of support and condolences. Also for the link. The information was great so I’ve bookmarked it to take notes :slight_smile:

11. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update guys :slight_smile:

I’ve kinda not been focused or exercising since the death of my grandmother. But I’ve still kept the weight off and loss a couple more lbs.

The big news is my yearly blood work.
    Last year my numbers:
    Good cholesterol was 11 points low
    Bad cholesterol was 41 points too high (like more than double per my range guide)
    Triglycerides 207 points high (more than double the high marker)

This year numbers:
    Good cholesterol is up 6 points (got a way to go but half there)
    Bad cholesterol just 3 points above the high mark so again almost there.
    Triglycerides 20 points below high mark so well in range :slight_smile:

I’m super happy about this :slight_smile: I mean my red blood cells are still high with as well as my hemoglobin but it does than and we aren’t sure why... that’s just a side note...

This last year I’ve lost a ton of weight and my numbers are showing major improvements.

#51 I'mStillStanding, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    bearheart, Mysteria, Calf and 2 others like this.
  12. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!

13. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations @I'mStillStanding. Keep up the good work, it feels great to lost that weight, right?!

14. Loves books

My mother fat shames me all the time. I know I’m overweight I don’t need her mean reminders and she just makes me want to eat more. I’m thinking of getting Invisalign braces soon and I think it will make me lose weight because I’ll be too lazy to take them out and then have to brush my teeth again just for a handful of Pringle’s or a few squares of chocolate. It’s too easy when the junk food is literally in front of you and there’s no immediate consequence to eating it.

15. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry heading this. I feel this for real! My dad did this since I was over weight (age 10). Even after all the weight I’ve lost the last time I saw my bio-dad (a couple months ago) he reach up and grabbed what’s left of my double chin in public to remind me I’m still fat! It sucks. But I’m gonna keep my chins up lol and focused on getting myself where I want to be.