1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual, 15, & confused

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Arwen, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Arwen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Soooooo, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself or what I'm doing on here but I am a little confused. I've always had a sense that I wasn't completely straight and a few years ago I learned what bisexuality was and it made a lot of sense to me and felt right. I've gone back and forth in my own head about it a lot for years and finally told my 2 best friends and a few other close friends about how I was feeling and it felt good. The thing is that I don't want to "come out" because I'm scared if I told my parents and then suddenly felt straight the next day it would be something it didn't need to be, but I also feel like I'm lying. Not sure what to do, any response is welcomed.

2. imagirl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry- just stay safe while you are exploring your sexuality. The important thing is to be a reliable and trustworthy partner in every relationship.

3. FemmeQueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey girl, I totally understand what you're saying. I feel like all of us queers who have attractions to more than one gender have definitely dealt with confusion. Most of the people within the LGBTQIA+ community have. It took me a while to figure what I was and once I REALLY knew what bisexuality was, I was like "yeah, that's me". It's okay if you aren't quite sure right now, take the time you need. I would wait till you're sure to tell your parents and you have to be able to answer all their questions. When I came out to my mom in April, she was like "So are you...gay?" I told her "No, I'm bi, I'm not gay or straight." She low key still thinks its a phase because a lot of people literally don't get how people could be attracted to more than one gender. She is mostly supportive but she is set in her ways, she'll see that I'm not changing. I'm not mad at her because I can tell she is trying. Yesterday, I reiterated that "I feel attractions towards different genders, I feel attracted to women & men." I'm attracted to non-binary people as well but I didn't feel like explaining that. I'll mention that in our next chat.

#3 FemmeQueen, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  4. Arwen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You have no idea how much that made me feel better. Saying anything about this to someone who actually has an idea of what's going on really is a comfort. Glad I got on this.

5. FemmeQueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m glad, you feel welcome. I joined this forum earlier this month because my friend told me about it and this is a very safe place for me as well