1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell of a reaction to "something sexual" that puzzled you in your past.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Jun 17, 2019.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will start this off. Maybe someone can "enlighten me" as to why I did what I did. .

In my late 20s on through to upper 40s people would ask me if I had kids - this was a period of time I had no clue I was gay. Or they'd ask, ~"so how many kids do you have?" Id reply each time with a VERY forceful and to the point, rude at times, ~"no kids."

To this day I have no idea why I answered this question with so much force. Not a clue. I theorize that since I was captured in a mental state that sex is dirty, I was answering subconsciously that I would never do dirty sexual things with another human that would lead to kids. This is the only possible reason I can think of.

It must be noted I go crazy over kids. There funny and add energy.

#1 brainwashed, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. smee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I know that tone of voice. It sounds like how I would shut down the conversation when ex girlfriends would ask if I loved them or if I was having an affair. It was as if I wanted to shut down the discussion NOW, as if these things could ever be in doubt. I am so glad that we have all moved on and are doing better.

3. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m torn
    I often have struggled with sex is dirty concept as well
    I think this maybe partly due to some dysmorphia on my part as well
    I guess I have gone through life more as a spectator then actually being able to be ‘in the moment’ and it worry about trivial things

4. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My interpretation of your response is that you felt like they were pressuring you to meet their expectations and you were angry and resentful about it. Even straight people get this way when they are bugged about not having kids yet. But in your case perhaps you had deeper subconscious reasons.

Kmermaid00 and Adam1981 like this.