1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of Thrones Ending

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Devil Dave, May 24, 2019.

1. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm surprised nobody's brought this up yet with all the fuss that ahs been happening everywhere else on the internet.

So, what did you think of the Game of Thrones finale, and final season as a whole?

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hated it. Found it incredibly underwhelming and while I was ready to be sad at the fact that the GOT series was coming to an end, I actually ended up feeling really "meh" about it. The only episodes I liked was Episode 2 and Episode 5, everything else was an utter mess. I hated episode 3 even though it was the one I had been (as most) looking forward to the most and absolutely hated the final episode as it was so boring, and I have no idea how you can make the ending of a series that has kept millions at the edge of their seat for years, so bloody boring, but looks like the writers of the last season found a way to make it happen.

I feel bad for the cast who did a magnificient job at playing their characters for the last decades to be given such crap ending.

#2 Lin1, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jon Snow was useless this season, wasn't he. During the battle with the dead, he got separated from his dragon and Melisandre had to light up the trench. Then he got pinned down by the zombie dragon while his little sister killed the night king.

And at Kings Landing he basically stood around getting upset while innocent people were being slaughtered. What was the point in bringing him back to life again?

4. smurf

They threw away all the character development for all the characters. None of it makes any sense. Hated it so hard.

5. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There was practically no reaction to Daenary's death. She had that whole army ready to conquer the world for her, then she dies, and they all just bugger off home.

6. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first 3 episodes of this season were terrible. The last three were "ok". I think the hate is exaggerated, as, personally, I did have fun watching those. However, they were far from impressive, and had deep flaws (like that character agreeing to something really naturally even though he said the opposite many times before when asked).

I think John Snow was a problem to GoT. The show was amazing when we had that feeling of "wow, there's no single immortal protagonist, everybody can die at anytime!". That was one of the most important characteristics of the series. When he came back and received the power of being a protagonist (i.e. not being able to die at all), some flaws began to appear in the series.

On the other hand, I think we were all expecting something different, and it is impossible to please everybody. So, even though I think they could have done a much better job, I think the hate the writers are receiving is really exaggerated. The ending was "meh", which sucks for a show that is was so epic before. But I don't think it was as terrible as some people say.

Anyhoo, GoT is still one of the best TV shows I have watched. It has it's flaws, and the ending was a bit disappointing. But, still, it was a fun ride, with many epic moments.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’ve never actually watched the show. I was considering it but now that I see how unhappy most fans were on the ending I almost don’t want to.

Now quick question, since this show has ended, does that mean Gay of Thrones is ending too? Because I am a fan of that.

8. Socky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm I read two of the books and I knew Bran was going to end up king. It was going to be either him or the girl who was displaced. I forgot her name. Starts with an A.

...anyone else read the books?

9. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never read the books, I don't think I will. Maybe if there's an audio version, I'd get that and listen to someone else reading the books for me.

10. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was the worst, such a disappointment.

11. FunnyBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was bad. What was the point in Jon Snow telling his family who he was? Why didn't we get to see him tell them? As much as I love Arya, I felt it plot armour was way too strong. I wanted to see Cersei die a horrible death, but they decided to have her die off camera. Don't even get me started on Jaime. Poor Brienne. And Dany, what were they thinking? She went from 0 to 100 real fast. I think I'm going to have to wait a while until I can digest everything that happened, as it stands it makes me not even want to rewatch the series or tell anyone else to watch it. I'm waiting for Martin to finish the books, if he does.

Game of Thrones was my favourite show before we saw seasons 7 and 8.

12. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ok, this is going to be a long one, if you care to read it all. having had time to digest the series finale of Game of Thrones, I have some ways they could've done better without straying too far from what they actually wrote. spoilers obviously if you haven't watched it yet.

firstly, while I do feel Daenerys' end was a crappy way for her to go, I don't see her ending up on the throne, or even getting a happily ever after. my idea though is for Grey Worm to have killed her rather than Jon. after Missandei was killed and Daenerys made her speech about continuing her march to keep crushing that wheel, he realizes even more people will lose whomever their Missandei may be and he decides he can't be part of that or let it happen. he follows her into the throne room and kills her as she approaches the throne, dragonfire killing him and melting the throne, Drogon still flies away with Daenerys. Jaime returns to Cersei, but the stabbing scene is these two, still dying in each other's arms, as they both stab each other. Jon has two possible endings. one, Tyrion, instead of suggesting Bran, reveals Jon's true name and origins to the assembled nobles, backed by Sam and Bran. all agree he should be named king, with the north still being separate. so the choices are, Jon declares he still doesn't want to king and is swayed to changing his mind by Bran telling him he was meant to be king all along, or he turns them down and passes the throne to Bran, he accepts as written, but Jon is happy to return to the wildlings without Daenerys' death at his hands weighing on him. I kind of like him accepting the throne more, because in that scenario I like to think he'd ask Arya to head his king's guard and she might accept instead of taking off on her own. so, that's what I came up with.