1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Want Kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by canadawet, May 21, 2019.

?

Do you want/have children?

1. Yes

30.6%
  2. No

45.9%
  3. Unsure

23.5%
  1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    + 1
    and it would have to be a trainable and obedient dog!

2. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I have enough trouble just taking care of myself most days.

3. misslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly I don't. which is fine and it's also fine for people to. want kids. I don't want to have that much responsibility for someone else. I've had that w/ a friend who I care deeply about and. it's exhausting. I don't want to have constant vexations about another person. um. and..........well. I grew up in a slightly dysfunctional family [which i won't go into right now. again for the first time in awhile a long while starting to come to terms w/ it] so. that's another reason. I also don't have a whole lot of patience w/ most people.

4. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps it's my age, but right now I'd rather have grandkids. They bring all the joys of children without all the headaches and responsibilities. Now if only my son and his wife would get busy and make my wish a reality! *smile*

5. Bart13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This right here. Just recently I was talking with a few friends (two straight couples), who are very environmentally conscious, and the topic came to children. And we all had the same opinion about it. With the way the world is changing, where the future of our species, if not of our very planet is in question, it is simply not a good time to bring a child into the world and would be better to focus on trying to prevent that grim future from coming true, and then consider it again.

When considering adoption, things are a bit different, since these children are already here. But still, currently I'm not in a state to be a parent. I might change my mind though, if I ever build a life with someone and we have the desire to expand our family.

So in short:
    - currently no
    - as a single parent in the future, probably still no
    - with a partner, I'm open to the possibility

6. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes no sense to me when people say this. The world has always had severe issues. You could have said the exact same thing at pretty much any time throughout history. Overpopulation issues aren't a significant problem for any first world countries, only third world ones. If you lived in India or China then sure it's a concern, but Slovenia? No. Not at all. There is never a good time to bring a child into the world. The world always sucks one way or another. Not having kids doesn't solve that, if anything it does harm by making sure there are less people around to correct the problems. What if the kid that was never born would have become a scientist helping to solve environmental issues?

The solution isn't to not have kids. It's to have kids that are taught to be environmentally conscious from birth so they can help fix things too.

7. Bart13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are not wrong that the world has always had severe issues. But this is on another scale. I know environmental issues are a difficult subject, but with the way things are going, if I had a child right now, and he grew up to become a scientist helping to solve the issues, it would have been too late by the time that happened. We have 10 or maybe 20 years to make drastic changes to our environmental impact, before we plunge into the next mass extinction. And I'm not being dramatic here. And I refuse to bring a child into this world, where the world we know is about to die out. Because if we don't fix our crap, that's what's happening. I could discuss in length what we are facing here, that many people don't realize, but that's a different topic.

8. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do want children or as a special person in my life refers to them “Little Chimkens” I like the idea of have a kid to take to the park, and protect and take care of. Although I do realize I could do the aforementioned things with a dog...did I just change my own mind?

That’s a joke I still most definitely want a little Chimken. Also please adopt a child...the foster system is super F$&?@!

9. Sebastiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want kids, because I have no intention of signing my life over to anyone else, including a baby. A child is a person you must love and take care of for the rest of your life, often with little compensation or appreciation. I haven't the patience to be put in a position where taking care of someone else forever is mandatory. My life is mine, and it does not and will not belong to anyone else. I will not bring a child I have no intention of caring for into this world. That being said, I have great respect for those who do care for kids, and who seem to be genuinely happy to help them grow into decent human beings.

10. gayfish96

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys, what would you do if your kids grow up and become a homophobe?

12. malinconia

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The idea of having a husband 2 kids and a dog is very cute and alluring but it's more of a fairy tale thing in my mind. Realistically I'm probably never gonna have kids but if it were to ever happen I'd only consider adopting an older child/teen.

13. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always loved kids, but I'm nowhere near being financially or emotionally ready for them. If I get to a point in my life where I am, then I do want to adopt a child. I'm in my early 20s now, and kids aren't something I want until my 30s or 40s.

So, yes, I do want kids. But I don't think having children is something that I need to have a happy and fulfilled life, personally.

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sort of. I'm not sure I would be able to hand it. Don't want to make the same mistakes my parents did

15. Nimmer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope. Never had any desire to have a kid. The very idea of pregnancy disgusts me, and it's hard enough already to live my life without having to devote it for 18+ years to someone else. I love my niblings, and I don't dislike children in general, but that's because I don't have to live with them, take care of them, etc. At the end of the day I not only enjoy, but need, to get back to myself, not to someone else.

Besides, between crappy genes and the world going to the dogs, I don't really see how bringing kids in would be making them a favour. :/

16. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to have children, but would rather be in a more comfortable/better financial situation in doing so. Also my partner doesn't want children, so there's that too.

17. Delphine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. Nothing about motherhood seems tempting to me, starting with pregnancy. Then there's the fact that I don't want to spend a good chunk of my life catering to someone else's needs... taking care of myself is already hard enough.
    Children can be adorable and funny but spending more than an hour around them sucks the energy out of me... I need my peace and quiet and my 8h of sleep every night in order to stay sane.

18. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    God no, I'd make a terrible father.

I'd make a good uncle though, get you an abortion or get you out of jail-- but I think if I had kids of my own I'd seriously screw them up even worse than I'm screwed up. I also heard somewhere that mental illnesses get worse as they're passed down through the generations. My parents suffer from anxiety and depression, I have Bipolar 1 disorder so my kid would probably turn out schizophrenic or something. Besides, I'm 31, now and my sperm is stale, so the kid would come out with disorders anyway.

19. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Atm? No. Soon? Probably not. Someday? Maybe..

20. Ailena2493

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No because I have pcos and thyroid issues and I am on disability which means unless I somehow get a two bed room apartment ( which I can’t afford ) and can prove I can afford the child , which I can’t ( I only make less then a thousand a month ) it would simply be easier to be no kids lesbian me . If I did however get a successful lesbian partner in the future who wanted kids naturally or adopting , I’d consider it. But by myself ... no not at all and I’m 26.