1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stimpacks, Jun 10, 2019.

1. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He is very opinionated, lazy and sensitive. Hes a know it all but doesnt do anything. I have to pull all the weight. Im tired of it. Hes so lazy i praise him when he takes out the trash or when he does laundry. But i have to tell him to do these things or else nothing gets done. I have to fix his problems for him while he just sits and talk about it. Hes got no initiative. I have to make all the decisions. I tell him to save money so when shit hits the fan we have a backup. But he just gets mad and says youve told me that a million times. And he still hasnt saved anything. So since i save money, i have to pay for everything. I hate to bash him because i do love him. I dont know how to tell him any of these things because he will cry and mope around some more. I don't want to make it worse. Ive asked him if hes depressed but he says hes not. I want to fix the problem without being an ass. Iv googled a bunch of things to help me out but they dont really help in my situation. Ive thought about breaking up with him. But I think i will be more sad without him then with him.

2. canadawet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please break up with this man! You are doing so much for him, and he is doing nothing. It sounds like you have tried to bring certain things up with him, and all he does is brush you off in the form of moping. Using his emotions as an excuse to not acknowledge problems in a relationship is not fair to you, and it sounds like he doesn't listen at all. Perhaps he does love you, but is he acting like he does? Actions speak louder than words!

I know things like this are hard; I've been in similar situations. What it sounds like to me is that you're in a situation where you know what you need to do to improve things but are simply scared to admit it to yourself. An important thing to remember is that sometimes the most painful thing to do is the one that's best for you in the long-run. There's a difference between giving up on someone and removing a leech from your life.