1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johndeere3020, Jun 10, 2019.

1. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Recently watches two LGBT movies for the first time. Love Simon and Brokeback Mountain.

I thought Brokeback would really mess me up considering I knew it ended sad and that my roots were rural. It didn't thought. Love Simon did however in a way I didn't expect. It made me sad that Simon was able to be himself at such a young age and was able to express himself be kissing his boyfriend in public.

You guys think that things can really happen like that or is it just Hollywood?

Dean

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Considering two years ago I was straight with a straight college roommate and now we've been dating for over a year, it definitely seems like things can really happen like that to me. I'd say it's very rare though.

3. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both actually lol it’s definitely very Hollywood but I think there are places where people can be like that. Very open with their love and all. I know where I’m at a crowd of people would gather for a very different reason if they saw me kissing a guy. Being 100% honest I still get nervous when I am away and I see guys expressing affection for each other... it kinda takes me a minute before I think wait it’s ok here.

4. canadawet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there are places where things like that are becoming more and more possible. Growing up in Southern California I had two girlfriends and we didn't even think twice about PDA like that, so for me, it's always surprising to be reminded that there are still places in the U.S. where that isn't acceptable. I hope that representation like Love, Simon becomes more common and influences other areas to see it as normal.

5. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m seeing this when in LGBTQ-friendly spaces among youth. Sometimes among adults out in society. It is less of an issue now. That may be a reason why my awareness of my bisexuality could come into consciousness this late in life.

YouTube has lots of ‘shipping videos now too. I don’t remember that a decade ago.

My own attitudes of PDA have evolved. I used to be against it (for straights too), with exceptions for Mom’s who hugged and kissed little kids, or Dad’s who patted their kids on the back. I hated walking down school hallways trying to get past the sloooow-moving (straight) couples who seemed to be wrapped up in themselves as if they were on a Sunday stroll in the park. Now I see the kids (of any orientation) showing PDA and think it is happy.