1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m a 13 year old trans boy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Jacobwoods, Jun 6, 2019.

?

What should i do?

1. Come out

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Or find another solution

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Or stay in the closet longer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jacobwoods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    see since I was 8 i was always very girly i wasn’t like other boys and soon I realized I didn’t wanna be a boy but now I’m trapped in the closet I want tell my parents but I have overheard conversations about them not like omg trans people and what they would do if I was trans or one of my two other brother I need advice on what I could to plus I’m now questioning my sexuality what should I do

2. Reviskova

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So from what i understand you are a trans... woman/MTF? (male to female)? or am i missing something? anyways, i think it is important not to rush figuring out yourself and especially coming out. you do not owe it to anyone to come out, or even explain your identity to anyone. when i was first questioning my gender, i expressed myself as the other gender (using clothes, activities, things like that), tried out different names/pronouns, etc. and while that may not be easy to do with a closed off family or community, it is definitely a crucial step to do when questioning. you could try doing it online, and there are many subtle ways to try and explore gender without it being too obvious to the people around you.

while i cannot speak for your parents, i feel a lot of the judgement coming from older people is based on fake assumptions, fake things and stories, and maybe some past bad experiences. my mother, for example was not very keen on trans people or people who explored their gender out of what they were, but that has completely changed since then and now she is one of the most accepting people in my life. even if your parents dont accept it right away when you do tell them, things might change. i find something interesting my mother told me was that she and some other people in my family had a hard time with it because (most) trans people cannot/choose not to have children (kind of weird, but i get it) there are many thoughts like that a parent can have that may be hard to understand, but having someone who they raised feel bad about themselves most likely hurts. however it is zero percent your fault, and thats not something you should feel shame over.

it is also important, i think, to accept the harsh reality. not everyone is going to accept you, but thats okay. you may lose some people in your journey to figuring things out, and that is perfectly okay too. it is important to prepare for the worst even if you think it is not going to go that way. it is important to breathe, and let some things figure themselves out. you do not need to rush it and it is probably in your best interest to keep things slow. it will probably take a lot of thinking, and even more time. but i am sure you will figure yourself out. i feel it is important to have things settled before telling anyone about it. Especially because you are so young. (i do not say that as a insult, i am young too) the most important thing i could tell you is dont come out until you are ready.

#2 Reviskova, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. Lover83

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m the medical community we are more aware of trans people and know more about it. We get more information earlier on so we can give the best help we can.
    If you feel that you are a girl than you are on a good age to start hormone therapy and make a full transition. Speak with your parents and ask the to see a doctor to help you. You will feel better afterwards.
    You parents may not understand at first but in time they will and will understand that it’s for your wellbeing and happiness.