1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm trans and I need some advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlmondTree, May 25, 2019.

1. AlmondTree

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I'm 26 years old and a trans woman (male to female). After so many years refusing the truth, I've finally accepted it. I feel happier than ever! I've been thinking a lot about this and my feelings these past weeks and I'm absolutely sure about this. Everyone gives me his/her support and nobody seemed surprised. That's great!

I want to transition. This, of course, is new to me, so I wanted to ask you for advice, experience or any comment you want to share with me. I was planning on hormones and speech therapist. I would like to avoid surgery, but I want to have a completely feminine look. I don't know when will I start using different clothe, although I'll start using make-up soon. I'll ask for a name change and female pronouns in real life when I don't look as masculine as now.

On Monday I'm going to an LGBTI assistance service, so I'll be able to ask questions there too. However, I would like to learn and prepare myself meanwhile. Actually, I'm not sure about what to ask neither here nor in the assistance service (apart from specific hormone effects), so I'll thank you any contribution, advice or experience you can share! Thanks!

2. Litebrite

Litebrite Guest

Hey Almond Tree,

So happy for you sis! I'm a 33 year old trans woman just started HRT this week. Feel free to check out my profile for more info and shoot me a message if you have any questions. Im only a little bit further down the path but happy to help in any way I can, even if it's just support

3. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It sounds to me like you're on the right track in every way from your post. The biggest word of caution or thing to be aware of (to me) it to just take your time and give things a chance to settle out along the way as it really does take time to be fully aware of the changes you will be going through along your transition, and where and how far you go is entirely up to you and what is right for you at the time, and this is especially true when dealing with hormones as they have a very profound effect on everything, and those changes take time to manifest. Again Congrats on all you've done so far, it sounds like you're off to a wonderful start!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I'm really glad to hear that you are working with your local LGBT center, because they will be able to help you find some good local resources. Take things at your own speed. Don't be afraid to slow things down if you feel that they are going too fast.