1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely came out to my crush....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Luria77, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Luria77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a long talk with my crush today, mostly about the breakdown of my marriage (my husband was not kind, but he wants to reconcile)....then I told her exactly why he's so upset: because he thinks I left him because I'm a lesbian (I didn't mention he knows about my crush on her). She kind of laughed at first, but then she realized I was completely serious, and not refuting the allegations at all. She was super supportive etc and thanked me for telling her.
    I don't get the idea that she's into me, however. Pretty sure she is completely straight. But oh well, I think I've moved past that somewhat, and we're going to be good friends.
    I almost didn't have the courage to do it, but I've been kind of hinting for months about this thing my ex knows about me, that I didn't want to talk about.......and then I decided it was about time to tell her.
    I feel so relieved and free. I've been contemplating telling her for weeks, but didn't know how.
    Phew. It seems to get easier the more you say it...I'm getting to a point where I don't give a damn what people think of me. I used to feel so embarrassed and ashamed.
    It's not something I can change. This is who I am.
    Just thought I'd share!

Nic2552 and Drizzle like this.
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey congratulations that's fantastic. It does get easier to say and I think we have all been in situations where we didn't or nearly didn't go through with telling someone.

3. LostJedi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's terrific. And very well played with your crush. I think you'll have a good support there.

It certainly is liberating, and it does get easier.