1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to tell people I'm gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Butterfly6, May 24, 2019.

1. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have come to terms that although i have feelings for both sexes; once my marriage ends I won't see myself in a relationship with another man anymore.

I am way more pulled to women and would imagine that my feelings for guys will become unimportant when I become involved with another woman.

Technically, I'm bisexual though. I love men both emotionally and sexually. I'd be happy and straight if women didn't exist.

My marriage was amazing but my attraction to women is undeniable.
    I'm probably a kinsey 4 and will only have fulfilling sex with men but emotionally women are way stronger.

I just feel like the word bi means I can be happy in a relationship with both sexes and that's not true.

2. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See the thing is, I came out to my friends before but then I became busy and kind of forgot about my feelings for women.

...and started having intense feelings for a man. Then I became so consumed by them I literally forgot about my feelings for women.

I just dont see a point of saying I'm bi but I lean gay. Its the most honest but it just sounds so pointless.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello @Butterfly6,

The most important thing here is how honest you are with yourself; how well you understand your own attractions and how comfortable you are with yourself. Labels are arbitrary, often ephemeral and, ultimately, irrelevant.

Like you, I am Bi, but definitely tend to lean towards the Gay end of the spectrum. When I Came Out, I chose to label myself exactly that way to my friends and family. I have zero regrets having done so, but that's just me.

Whatever you decide, whenever you feel it is the right time to Come Out, I'm sure you'll make the most appropriate choice for yourself. Just be comfortable with however you choose to label your sexuality to others.

Also, if you haven't considered it, you could simply adopt the label "Queer", which covers the whole range of non-hetero sexuality while also being non-specific.

Just some thoughts.

Butterfly6 likes this.
  4. ReginaNox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you ever consider a triad relationship? Some people find it fulfilling. If you are emotionally more into women, but find sexual encounters with men more fulfilling, that might be a good idea.

Butterfly6 likes this.
  5. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've thought a lot about it. I'm constantly thinking about being in a relationship with a woman but lusting after a guy and I really like him...I could fall in love with him if women didn't exist and I wasn't married to a man.

6. ReginaNox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If thats the case, it might be that you need more than the traditional heteronormative relationship to be truly fulfilled, which is something you should strive for, as should all people. It might be a bit awkward to start out, but youd be surprised how common a theme like that really is. Certainly you should talk things over with your current partner, but hey, you never know. Some guys love the idea...