1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting like minded single men

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aaron83, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Aaron83

Aaron83 Guest

Has anyone found social media e.g. Twi**er and Face**ok groups good for meeting gay people in real life or would a site like Meet**p be better?

2. Railwayj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The problem is finding someone that shares the same interests and isn’t just out for a hook up. At least that is my problem.

Tightrope likes this.
  3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They all have their drawbacks. It might take a lot of patience. Most people are in it for hook ups. Even the ones who say they are looking long term. If there is some intimacy, many don't return because they don't have to and because variety is the spice of life, it seems.

4. Railwayj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And don’t forget those that are honest and admit that they in fact are married and those that you just have to find that out later. Unfortunately there is much dishonesty online.

Aaron83 and Tightrope like this.
  5. Aaron83

Aaron83 Guest

Yes which is why it puts me off ever meeting someone online again. I am focusing on myself for now because doing what i have been doing hasn't worked.

6. Railwayj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes the situation definitely sucks. I have no other real aternative than online though. I’ve already decided it’s a effort in futility. :-(

7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are apps that are focused on friendships. They have specific categories for identifying other people only looking for friendships. They are not sex based apps. First focus on yourself, then get in a position to correspond with others projecting a positive and confident demeanor devoted of any sexual innuendo. You may need to kiss a lot of frogs, but then it becomes a numbers game.