1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pregnancy Paranoia

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RavenTheRat, May 14, 2019.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi all, I've been having a bit of an issue lately that I suppose is partly physical and mostly mental. For reference, I'm a 19 year old AFAB college student.

I went off The Pill March 7th, because I wanted to see if my moods and weight were significantly better off the pill (they weren't, getting an IUD as soon as possible). My last period was February 13-19, I haven't had one since I went off it.
    My boyfriend and I barely have had penetrative sex, and when we have we always use a condom and he's never ejaculated even in the same room as me (it's a shyness thing). We have not had any penetrative sex since I stopped my birth control, the only thing we've done is stuff like oral, fingering and grinding naked, but still, he's never been in the same room as me when he's ejaculated.
    I took a pregnancy test recently, (end of April maybe?) and both tests were negative. However, I'm still so freaked out that I could have gotten a false negative or gotten pregnant somehow from the other sexual things we've done- basically what I'm asking is how likely is that or is it even possible?? Or am I just being absolutely paranoid? I know it's not likley, but every time I start to think I'm being irrational I see somebody who has some insane story of how they got pregnant that they thought wasn't even possible.

And for any people with vaginas- anyone experience this lack of a period after going off hormonal birth control? How long did it take to come back? I still haven't gotten mine, just some light spotting in March, which freaked me out even MORE because I thought it could be implantation bleeding.

I'm so stressed out about this it's actually hard to enjoy all the good things that are happening in my life because I'm so scared any minute I'll find out I'm pregnant.
    Thank you in advance for any advice :slight_smile:

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m not a medical professional, but I can give you my experience...I used to worry when I was late, even when I was on the pill. I was a couple weeks late once (before going on the pill), we hadn’t actually had penetrative sex, took a test which came back negative, and still no period so went to see my GP. He said that it was essentially impossible that I could be pregnant and that modern pregnancy tests are very reliable. Perhaps going to see your GP would reassure you? They’d be able to give you a medical opinion.

When I came off the pill, my period came back quickly, but I would assume everyone reacts differently, and I was pregnant within a month. On that occasion the test came back positive instantly, before I’d given the test the recommend time for it to work it was showing as positive.

Depending on your usual cycle, you might want to see if anything happens over the next week or so, otherwise see your GP, even it’s just to reassure you that nothing is wrong.

3. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    If you've not had penetrative sex (and that means any penetration however slight) then you have no worries. Now if you have had penetrative sex however slight even with no orgasm / ejaculation there is always a very slight chance that some sperm have entered the birth canal which could result in pregnancy if you were at the point where you could become pregnant. You simply cant get pregnant if the sperm can't get to the egg.

But your fears are understandable especially if you are at a point where you are not ready to have children and getting pregnant would be a traumatic life altering event (it's always life altering, especially having your first child, but if your ready to become a parent it's in a good way!).

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you both for your advice though I’m a bit late :slight_smile: it was very nice to hear some reassurance and I really appreciate it.

LostInDaydreams likes this.