1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I talk to this guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Noodle72, May 25, 2019.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So. This whole story starts back in December, at a school dance. At this time, I was in a long distance relationship and so just danced with my friends. Two people flirted with me at this dance, one was a girl who turned out to have a boyfriend and was just friendly-flirting with me I guess, and the other was a guy who I didn't get a good look at his face but I might know who it was.

Fast forward to now. As of last week, I am no longer in that aforementioned long distance relationship. It ended pretty mutually and I'm mostly over it, still gonna wait a bit before jumping back into a relationship though. But my school's prom-like event happened recently, and I'm pretty sure I've connected a person with that brief flirtation from the previous school dance. I still might be wrong since I didn't get a good look at his face but I'm about 90% sure it's the same person.

I don't know if I'd quite consider it a crush but he is very attractive, and my anxious self could not approach him during prom to ask to dance. I was hoping for him to ask me to dance or something but he did not. I don't think it seemed like he was with someone in particular as a date, so that's a good sign. So I know his face and his name, he might have flirted with me so that could mean he's mlm and potentially was interested in me at some point, or maybe he was just joking. Or maybe it wasn't even him. I don't know.

I don't see him at school often, we don't have any classes together, and I don't know where he sits at lunch so talking to him at school would be challenging. I found his instagram which is on private, and I'm a little nervous to request to follow since I don't tend to follow people from school that I don't really talk to, but I might try that and see where it goes. I mean we are about to graduate but maybe I can get a summer fling or something out of this. Any advice/suggestions?

#1 Noodle72, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sending the request seems like a low risk option; it's no big loss if he rejects the request. However, if he accepts, maybe send a message asking if he remembers you from the dance or prom. It might seem awkward, but I know that having a crush on someone often makes people overanalyze everything which they could have answered through simple questions about mutual interest.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, avoid focusing on just this one guy for your romantic outlet, which is another problem with crushes: they create blinders which stop you from noticing other potential partners.

4. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you're right. I was talking to another friend and she convinced me to request, so I'm just hoping he'll accept it.

I probably won't do this, at least not right away. I think what I'll do is if he accepts my request, I'll check out his posts and see if there's any hints towards him being single or into guys. And if he messages me I'll definitely respond and see where things go from there.

I can try, though at the moment I don't know any other guys that I'd really be willing to date. But I'll try to keep that in mind if I happen to meet someone.