1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Quick Question About Suicide

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Socky, May 25, 2019.

1. Socky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever been suicidal and make plans and everything, and it make you happy? Is that just confusion or what? I'm trying to get into my friend's head; how the hell can you be suicidal and have suicidal plans but be so damn happy about it?

Don't worry; I'm watching him but he's confusing the hell out of me. And I don't like that.

Will I get banned for posting this? It's not about me I'm seriously but yeah.

Maybe I'm really posting this so I can vent a little. Cuz all of my friends are suicidal. And they're whiners.

Guess it comes with the territory.

THE QUESTION IS:

Why would it make you happy?

2. Waffless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is just a guess but part of the happiness is having it planned out and knowing it will all be ending soon, again just a guess and that probably how i would feel about it

SoulSearch and Socky like this.
  3. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being (seeming) happy about suicide plans isn’t uncommon from what I understand. Is your friend getting professional help? Having a well thought-out plan is alarming.

4. Jude B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with @SoulSearch
    You should either confirm that they're getting professional help or call the police. Seriously. Suicidal plans and ideations are no joke; I'm speaking from personal experience.

As for your question, having a plan can give a person a feeling of control, like they have their life in their hands. From that sense of control, it gives a temporary feeling of happiness. But, either from acting it out or not acting it out, that happiness fades away. And that can end horribly. So, PLEASE make sure that this friend of yours is getting help.

I wish the best for you and your friend.

SoulSearch likes this.
  5. Socky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it's being taken care of.

Thank you guys.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to concur with the earlier postings, from a professional standpoint, the thing that is one of the most dangerous indicators that someone is at serious risk of acting on their suicidal ideations is if the person is suddenly happier than they have been. In the case where someone is happier than they have been *because* they've made plans, that's an enormously high risk that the person is going to act. The reason they are happy is they have, in their own minds, made a decision and see a solution to their constant feeling of misery and depression; they know it will be over soon.

If I were talking with someone and they disclosed something like that to me, I would be obligated to take action (get them into treatment in an inpatient facility at least for evaulation and stabilization). So if you see anything like that... this is where you tell someone immediately who is in a position to do something. A physician, mental health professional, teacher, even police.

Rin311 and SoulSearch like this.