1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love letter to my straight Crush

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Enovenus, May 25, 2019.

1. Enovenus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear B,

I remember the first time I saw you in our apartment while you were putting your chair together in our living room and I couldnt help but think to myself what an attractive guy you were. Such a warm cute smile, dark eyebrows, dirty blonde hair, tall athletic figure and the most beautiful blue eyes; the kind that make you nervous to look at because they’re just so intense. I remember how shy you were and how out of place you seemed being in such a different environment from your hometown. Your voice intrigued me as I was curious to know the story behind your inability to pronounce hard r’s. And I couldn’t wait to get to know you better as I had so many questions. Our upbringings were so different yet somehow we ended up living together under the same roof and that intrigued me. You were so kind and genuine with not just me but everyone around you that I knew we would be great friends from the beginning. As the school year progressed some of the best time of my week were the times that I spent with you. I would look forward to coming home just to see that little smile of yours and to be greeted with your warm hello. And when you weren’t home when I came back from class your comfy bed would make me feel closer to you even though you weren’t there. I remembered how much I wished that you weren’t straight and how much I resented the feelings of attraction that I had for you especially since you had a girlfriend. However I wanted you to be happy above all else which is why I would go out of my way to make the time that you had with her special. I longed for what she had but I knew that I couldn’t have you but at least I could be your friend. Although those feelings persisted for almost the whole year we lived together with varying degrees of infatuation I never seriously considered that it was something that I should act upon. However the way I felt about you completely changed the weekend that you came to visit me at my home and we had the place to ourselves. Perhaps it was the alcohol or drugs but it was in that intoxicated blur of a weekend that I realized that I truly cared and loved you. You made me feel safe and comforted and I wanted our time together to be infinite. When we were together that weekend I felt bliss. And I can vividly remember that Friday night where we professed our (unfortunately) platonic love for each other and how happy I was to have you in my life. I wish I could’ve kissed you in that moment... but you wouldn’t have liked it so I kept my feelings to myself. When you left to go home that Monday I felt empty, like a part of me was missing and I missed you so much that I had to go bike to my friends house and rant about you and these conflicting feelings I was having. After some contemplation and once I had collected my thoughts a bit better I was able to come to the conclusion that it was never meant to be and it was better left as something to ignore.

For anyone else out there who has struggled with having a unrequited love I hope you find comfort in this love letter. Also I find the song bad religion- frank ocean, and dancing on my own- calum scott can provide some more comfort as well... at least it has for me in the past.

2. Socky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love that is not meant to be? Sounds like a BLT without the bacon...

I like your letter.

You should make a love letter themed thread where everyone posts there love letters.

#2 Socky, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  3. Waffless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great story behind it, I loved reading it. Did you actually send the letter or do you want to just get it off your chest

4. lookingup9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoyed reading this and I can relate to your feelings a lot. I've had a lot of strong feelings for straight friends and I also end up always end up settling for becoming as close of a friend of theirs as I can. Even if they'll ever be able to love me the way that I want, I crave ad cherish their company anyway.

It's always a bittersweet situation and writing about it helps tremendously for me too.

5. Enovenus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the feedback! I didn't send it, maybe someday I will. It was more to just put the way I was feeling at the time into words.