1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood after anal sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mlansing, May 25, 2019.

1. mlansing

I had a guy penetrate me with a condom on last night, and although I enjoyed it for the most part it felt a bit painful because he was using a lube that I don't normally use for anal sex. Today I went number 2 and noticed a bit of blood when I wiped.

Needles to say I'm going to take a break from anal until I feel that I've healed up, but can a little bit of blood be normal or should I be concerned? I've done anal many times before with a better lube and I didn't have this issue before as far as I can remember. Just to be clear, it was a bit of redness, I wasn't like dripping blood out of my ass or anything extreme like that.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the bleeding persists, then I recommend that you see a doctor as soon as possible. However, if that was it, then I don't think you need to worry about it.

However, remember that anal sex shouldn't feel painful. If you feel pain, don't hesitate asking your partner to stop. Take your time, relax and use plenty of lube (if you don't like a certain brand, then it is a good idea keeping other options at hand) before restarting the activity (if you wish to).

Rushing things also doesn't help. Take your time with foreplay and other activities besides anal.

3. smurf

The main rule for blood in this area is that bright red means its a superficial wound. Most likely to the sex being rough, not enough lube, going in too fast, etc. Usually its not a problem. Might bother you a bit for a day or two, but it will heal by itself with little problems.

Dark blood that looks almost black is a big no no. Go to the ER as soon as you notice it.

Like said above, buy a small bottle of your preferred lube and take it with you to hook ups. Some tops can't pick a good lube to save their lives.

4. mlansing

Thanks for the tips. It was bright red so I think I’ll be fine. Will definitely be sure to bring my own lube in the future.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As others have said, a small amount of blood, just a bit of spotting, isn't uncommon, and nothing to be particularly worried about. If it's a significant amount that continues, then it's wise to have it checked out.