1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential GF, or no?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Silver Snow, May 23, 2019.

1. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first time a girl ever called me cute was May 21st of 2019. I’m 22 years old. I thought no one would ever find me attractive but 40 year old men who stood too close for comfort while asking to take me out for a drink in the Walmart parking lot. I asked her if she wanted to go to lunch the next day. And she said yes! She showed up at my work in a pretty sun dress and heels and makeup which she says she doesn’t typically wear. I felt underdressed in my typical hairstylist clothes which was covered in the hair of roughly 20 different people. Still we went to lunch as planned.

It was super casual. No flirting as far as I could tell, maybe a few awkward compliments back and forth during the drive there. I embarrassed myself a few times by saying dumb things or being too agreeable and not really thinking. She clearly had been on more dates then me. And clearly had a lot more experience in social situations in general. She told me about her three year old daughter, her best friend, and besides that we talked mostly about our jobs and the struggles of customer service. At one point she mentioned when she was drunk and called another girl cute without thinking about it first. And mentioned she had a tendency to do that.

Now, I know she likes girls, if her rainbow sunglasses didn’t give it away her rainbow tattoo certainly did. The afternoon started out with me pretty convinced she liked me, but by the time I dropped her off at home I was having doubts. I waited a bit, then texted her to thank her for going to lunch with me and say I had a good time. She said “You’re so welcome. I had a lot of fun.” We then started taking about her best friend and how he loves the way I cut his hair.

Now I’m wondering... did she really like me? Or was it just friendly stuff? I know relationships start slow, but now I’m wondering if I ever even had a chance at all. She’s way out of my league. I don’t really know what to do from here.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She called you cute, I'd say generally that means she probably likes you. Don't assume she is out of your league, you don't know what qualities she looks for in a girl, maybe you are it. Don't sell yourself short, let her worry about what she does and doesn't want.
    Has there been any other messages after the one where you said thank you and then she replied?

Drizzle likes this.
  3. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We just chatted about their best friend. I cut his hair.

Then today she showed up at my work after she got off from her job with a chocolate chip cookie for me. No one has ever done anything like that for me before and I’m stunned and so afraid I’m going to screw this up. I should do something nice in return but I don’t know what.

beenthrdonetht and Drizzle like this.
  4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about something similar or planning a meet up. You could plan a picnic or a walk or a trip to the cinema. Just be yourself and keep breathing and you will do just fine.

Silver Snow likes this.