1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell this story?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by TrailDog, May 16, 2019.

1. TrailDog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Every so often I sit down to right the story of my introduction to gay sex, writing with, shall we say, prurient intent. Ahem. I have written other male erotica, but my first time was as a 12 year old boy being seduced by a 35 year old man. And whereas some horny stranger somewhere on the interwebs might just totally enjoy reading that, there was a lot that was wrong with what he did, with getting a kid stoned and drunk and seducing him. You don't want to celebrate or encourage that, right? But at the same time, I find the forbidden aspect of that experience to be very arousing all by itself. I have never done that to a kid nor would consider doing so, but the memory of being that boy is powerful. Should I be writing this stuff?

2. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is part of the experiences that made you who you are. Exploring it doesn’t mean you or anyone else is condoning it. You can’t deny it is part of your story that should be told.

TrailDog likes this.
  3. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My take is different than that. I think there is value in writing this and sharing it with confidants.

But, I believe an open Internet forum is not the place to do this. Writing can often be interpreted in different ways than you meant.

I know I have been reprimanded a couple times on this forum for being pro-cheating and that was never what I was trying to portray with my comments.

TrailDog likes this.
  4. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Writing as a way of understanding yourself or circumstances can be a powerful tool, and one that I use often because in putting thoughts, ideas and concepts into written worlds to convey to others forces us to look at things from a different angle, often helping us to see things more objectively.

That being said, some things perhaps are better off not being shared in certain contexts because they might cause greater harm than good. It is my opinion that if you share what happened and how that impacted your life including your sexuality and your feelings in a "matter of fact" way it could very well help someone else who has had similar experiences in dealing with their situation and feelings - which obviously would be a good thing.
    However if you share these same events as "erotica" or even though that's not the way you start to write about them but that's the direction these writings keep ending up then I would step back and re-evaluate where you're at in dealing with what happened (not saying this to be mean, as I have events that are similar that trigger feelings that don't seem to fit as well that years later I still don't fully understand), and I would likely only share them on a need to know basis where I know the audience and how they would take things, because the last thing that I would want to do would be to somehow trigger or otherwise condone some screwed up individual to do something like that to a child (or to drug and seduce anyone for that matter), so to me the risk of something like that happening would far outweigh the positive benefit.

Again that's just my take on this coming from my own experiences. And that's also why I keep a "Dear Diary" (that I really stink at because I only get the urge to write when there are things on my mind) because it often helps to organize and make sense of things and deal with my own feelings where doing so otherwise might well have unintended negative ramifications or effects. Just my thoughts.

#4 MzMrAlexa, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    TrailDog likes this.