1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you get over a crush so strong

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by found, May 20, 2019.

1. found

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    how do i get over a crush,

a crush which is one that

i cant stop thinking of them

one where i feel in love

but as though i barely know

them, i want to ask him

out but he is straight,

and he probably has a crush

on my best friend, he knows

that im bi, any thoughts.

this has lasted almost two

and a half years now.

2. Jude B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oof. I really feel ya there. I’ve had some crushes on straight friends before. It’s far from easy.
    But, unfortunately, if he’s straight, he can’t be changed. It hurts, but facing this fact is the first step to moving on.
    I’m really sorry to hear that you’re struggling with this. I really relate.

I had a friend back in High School that I really liked but she was straight as hell. XD Over time, if you let yourself move past this feeling, the pain will diminish. And who knows? Maybe you’ll find someone that you like even more!

lookingup9 likes this.
  3. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a massive crush on a girl and I thought, wow.... I should talk to her. So I did, and that’s when she told me about how great her boyfriend is. I still see her every couple of weeks because of my job. It sucks. But if you like someone who’s straight, you can’t change that. Unpopular opinion, but I don’t really think you can get rid of a crush or feelings for someone, you just have to accept that it’s something you can’t have and move on. Once you’ve done that, only then can you truly t move on and love someone else. Easier said then done, but once you’re past it, you’ll be glad you let them go because it can lead to heartache if he really is straight. Maybe try to find out for sure.

#3 Silver Snow, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  4. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have the issue with someone I thought was cute in my class recently, but never got the courage to approach her. It’s hard to move past things, but I think distracting yourself or distancing yourself from that person may be helpful.

When I worked at a job I met someone I was extremely attracted to, but she was in a relationship. I still tried to hang out with her, yet I also felt a bit bummed when we hung out. After I left that job, my feelings slowly subsided. It can take time, but you’ll be alright! :slight_smile:

I’m still learning myself how to accept when someone I’m interested in is not interested or is taken.

#4 Anon1201, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    lookingup9 likes this.
  5. lookingup9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel your pain. I’ve had a lot of crushes on straight girls when I was in high school (I went to an all girls school haha) and even earlier than that. I had so many crushes on straight girls before I even accepted/realized I wasn’t straight.

I have a really hard time getting over people so I’m looking for the answer to this question as much as you are. In my experience, anything I do to try to get over my feelings never works, it just has to happen on its own. This is really difficult if I’m seeing the person consistently. the only thing that works without fail is distance. I liked a girl two years older than me in high school and didn’t get over it until she graduated and was hundreds of miles away from me. Then the next year I liked a girl who was one year older than me and same thing - got over it once she graduated haha.

So I guess my only advice would be to distance yourself from this person if you can? Good luck friend, im going through a similar thing right now. You’ll get over it someday and find someone who’s interested in you :slight_smile:

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    O.K. @found

This may sound harsh, but, in my opinion, the best way to get through an issue is to admit that you have a problem.

Thus, in this case, the most direct way to deal with this would be for you to talk to your crush, admit your crush and be directly rejected. Of course, that totally risks the possibility that your crush will no longer want anything to do with you. However, the basic idea behind this approach is that you will know for SURE that there is no possibility of a romantic/sexual relationship there. Thus, you cab start to move on.

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Regardless, moving on is rarely easy, so please don't think that this would be a "simple" solution. It is only a direct way of confronting a strong crush.