1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self image issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kevin k, May 12, 2019.

1. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Not sure if this is the place to post this, but here it goes anyway.

So I've had a stressful weekend, alot of hard labor and yard work that needed to be done this weekend. My bf is staying at my house, and is sleeping with me in my bed, like always. Ive been too tired to do anything sexual with him at the end of the day, so we just cuddle as we fall asleep. Now, I've never had thsee thoughts before, but it just struck me this weekend that I may not be the most comfortable person to cuddle with.

I'm very tall and skinny, very bony, compared to my bf, who is short and stocky. My family members that I hug always say "youre so bony" and stuff, and I get comments from them if I have to say, reach across the couch for a remote, they say my elbows dig into them. What if my bf thinks it is uncomfortable when I cuddle him? He's really respectful and loving and I don't think he would say anything as long as I was happy, especially with how much stress I've had going on. He's very selfless that way.
    I'm just concerned that I'm too skinny or something and I'm unpleasant to sleep with. I don't want him to be uncomfortable just so I can be comfortable. Thoughts?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd trade body types with you in a second. To each his own I guess

3. Hope4love

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    the fact you already have a boyfriend says you're a lot more attractive than you think, 'those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind' Dr. Seuss.

kibou97, johndeere3020 and Kevin k like this.
  4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmmm. Haha, I would have agreed with semicharmedlife (im 40 pounds overweight) but I suppose each person at every weight has thier insecurity and thier own people giving them unwanted comments about thier body and this post is proof.
    Perhaps a silly question, but have you tried asking your bf about it? You never know, he might especially like your body type! :slight_smile:

And my boyfriend is extremely skinny and bony just like you. I’ve never found him uncomfortable to sleep or cuddle with, and I think it’s cute. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. :slight_smile:

Kevin k likes this.
  5. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Cuddling isn't about the "structure" it's about the energy... and I wouldn't worry about it at all. Also if that changes and he doesn't cuddle so much I wouldn't worry about that either, as what I've found over the years is that you tend to cuddle more early on and as time and the relationship evolves it comes and goes. The most important thing is that it just feels good to have your partner next to you and vice versa, cuddling or not.