1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender of genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jess22, May 12, 2019.

1. Jess22

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a question I ask even after I came out as genderfluid. My reasoning for saying genderfluid was part I wanted to wear girls clothes and be feminine even though I'm biologically male. I also have experienced moments of not being either so in reality genderfluid works.

It's when I look in the mirror on my feminine days and experience a bout of dysphoria or feel boyish for the day and still just be like meh it's me. That makes me wonder.

My style has always been more feminine my whole life. I've gotten in trouble for the things i've done to wear girl clothes. Not much of a fan of the male style. But at points i think it goes with me being raised as male that allows me to be fluid? I know how to be girly and the same goes as guyish. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to being myself i don't want to feel put down in a bubble.
    But what if I'm just to afraid to transition even though mostly everyones ok with me being fluid.
    Sorry for my first thread being so long!

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Expression aside for a moment, how do you want people to see you? Do you prefer to be seen as male? Female? Or neither?
    Expression doesn't equal gender identity, you can be feminine and male, or masculine and female. It's how you feel inside and how you want people to see you.

This is what I think a lot of people are afraid of, especially after just realizing they might be trans or just starting to explore gender identity and expression.

Are you uncomfortable with certain parts of your body or wish they were softer (like a woman's)? Or do wish that certain parts weren't there? Do you feel uncomfortable when someone refers to you as a man or a woman?

Reviskova, Brandy Bee and Hillary B like this.
  3. Hillary B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First, welcome to EC Jess.
    This thread is developing nicely.
    A real urgent question and an excellent response from the moderator.
    Jess I relate very much. My counselor at the time (two years back) 'told me' I was gender fluid however I experience serious dysphoria when pigeon holed into being a male.
    At home - very rarely in public tho I have albeit in clothes shops for Fleeting episodes- I'll slip on women's clothes and under my skin feel so fem often. As a woman I feel relaxed happy fulfilled strong powerful real and.. Cool.
    Putting on some black eyeliner I feel like super woman.
    I deep down think /know I am Trans.
    And yet I have a p***s. (I'm also very coy lol)!
    Good luck h

Brandy Bee likes this.
  4. Brandy Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you elaborate on the dysphoria you feel when "pigeon holed as a male"?
    Your words resonate deeply with me, I'm interested to know more, if you don't mind.