1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good convo with husband

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by jsm, May 4, 2019.

1. jsm

jsm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My husband and I haven’t conversed about any of our issues for a few weeks, but today we took some time to do so. Mostly I expressed how I’m struggling right now and while I still haven’t used the word “gay” with him yet, I think we’re both accepting that I am. He is being really supportive and loving, and that gives me hope that we’ll be able to maintain a good relationship regardless of our decisions moving forward. We’ve been together for nearing 25 years - it’s hard to imagine life without each other.

But he admitted that he can’t see us continuing on in the manner we have been for so many years (even before I confessed my attraction to women). Neither of us feel fulfilled for various reasons. It was a relief, really, to have him admit that. We aren’t making any decisions right now, but I’m glad to have reconnected with him regarding where I am at this point. It feels like a healthy step.

I’m so eager to be done with this phase of life, and yet so terrified to move out of limbo at the same time. Today, at least, I feel a little peace. Thanks for being here everyone. Reading and sharing in this forum has truly been sanity-saving for me.

Nic2552, Elle993, Luria77 and 9 others like this.
  2. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Just a thought that might be helpful.. Buy the book "Who Moved My Cheese" for yourself and your husband. It's a really short read and breaks down in simple terms how to deal with change. I've read it several times myself and have found if can really help when your World is getting turned end over end. Hugs!

jsm likes this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey it's great that you are being able to have such open and honest conversations with each other through this difficult time. It's also great that you both seem to be on the same page, I hope this continues as you work your way along the path.

jsm likes this.
  4. Biblia05

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like it is getting better and I'm happy and excited for you!

Nic2552 likes this.