1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new(ish) to town

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Amber Dawn, May 1, 2019.

1. Amber Dawn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all, I’m Amber and I’m new to empty closets. I’m located in Florida, I’m a nurse, I’m 27, and I’m happily in a closed triad with my two partners. I identify as gay or a lesbian depending on the day. Sometimes my sexuality I would describe with just a confused shrug. I recently(ish) relocated to Florida (last year) to be with my partners, and I moved from an area that had a lot more culture than the place I moved to—the gay scene there is amazing, and just in general, there’s an amazing food scene, cultural scene, and the people are younger. I now live in an area that, while it is slightly younger in demographic than the surrounding areas, is basically filled with what you might expect from a Florida town—conservative old people. It’s been hard for me to adjust, because for the first time in a long time, I don’t feel safe being completely out to everyone and in every place. It makes me feel scared and lonely, and I thought joining a forum like this might help ease some of the loneliness. Thanks for reading, all my love.

2. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, and welcome to the community. :wave:

That sounds like it is quite tough to have to move to such a different environment, especially one that makes you feel unsafe or uncomfortable to be yourself completely. There are a lot of friendly and welcoming people here that may help with the feeling of loneliness you are experiencing. I hope things improve over time.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! I admire people who try to make "unconventional" relationships work. I bet you have some good advice to contribute to the rest of us. :slight_smile: Sorry about the loss of environment; I hope the love makes up for it. Remember that (for better or worse) nothing lasts forever, environments change, careers change, etc. I bet your mere presence is a positive change to your new place. Find a way to keep that happening!

4. Smidze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to the forum Amber Dawn. You’ll meet lots of great people hear who will make you feel welcome and offer support if you need it

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.