1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how does one deal with change

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by europeanguy, May 7, 2019.

1. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I have no idea, I have huge trouble with even slight changes even if positive. for example I want to change my profile pic on discord, but i almost cant its causing too much anxiety for me to the point where I am not going to now.

has anyone ever gotten over this? I mean I might not ever be able to I suppose its just a "feature" of the condition

2. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

3. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry Europeanguy

My message somehow posted into yours....

If your on the autistic spectrum groups might be useful. It's very difficult to cope with change for people on the spectrum. Perhaps learning some strategies might help you.

4. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    no offense taken, yes I am autistic (and diagnosed officially) I dont know of any groups tbh im very much on my own with this in person/not on the internet.

5. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure what country you live in, UK has fairly good support organisations, I work supporting parent carers so my autism knowledge has built up over time. The spectrum is big and as you probably know it affects individuals very differently. Perhaps it's about taking very tiny steps.

6. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    im from the UK as well, but im not sure where id start

7. atomidog

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dude, big same. Like too many questions plague me surrounding very small things. That's why I constantly fear going outside, because not only have I not gone outside in a week but because I feel an anxiety being around like anything outside what I'm somewhat comfy with.

For example, I was out partying around in the city a couple days ago right? I was TERRIFIED of everything and anything because I was sure my Mom would be mad and because I didn't know what changing one part of what I'm familiar with would do. Would I land myself in the slammer? Would the boogieman come out of nowhere and chase me? Those are thoughts that frighten me into a corner at night and make me refrain from ever going outside.

I believe this applies to your situation because really as someone with Autism myself I fear for my survival in situations where I have to self reflect and think about what others are thinking internally. So I guess my advice is to analyse your own internal trauma and fears and try to do things that challenge it. So in your instance, I would do something small like changing my profile icon on another social media.

I don't know man, but I hope this somewhat helped?