1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ciswoman w/ Breast Dysphoria (tw self harm)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dissolving, May 4, 2019.

1. dissolving

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As stated, not trans, I'm quite comfortable in my female body (as much a girl can be lol) aside from this issue. I've dealt with dysphoria concerning my breasts since they first sprouted. I can think of a fair few reasons why I experience this, but they aren't important right now.

I'd recently gotten to a place where I was marginally comfortable with them, but almost over night they literally jumped a cup size, think D to a DD, and each one is now an inch bigger (diameter wise). Now usually I would just layer up a sports bras bra or two, and go on with my day, but they're in constant pain when compressed. However, whenever they aren't, they ache, weigh on my chest and make me want to cut/stab them off.

My bipolar is medicated, so I can control my violent urges enough to not do this, however they haven't been effective in eliminating dysphoric issues.

2. dissolving

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (idk what happened, that posted without me finishing writing lol)

My goal is of course to permanently stop having these feelings. I'm not sure how to go about it. As far as I can tell, my options are a breast reduction/double mastectomy, or trying to lose weight fast to try and shrink them. One is expensive, and the other may trigger my ED again. I'm not necessarily opposed to that, it would just be potentially dangerous, and only last as long as I restrict.

So my question is, what do I do to go about getting my insurance to approve a breast reduction/mastectomy? Does anyone have experience with this, trans or cis? Should I try the more medical route, or through a psych? As much as I hate dealing with the burocrasy of the health system, this is becoming kind of hard to deal with.

3. gaynoodle7

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also am quite large (DDD-G depending on the bra) and feel extremely dysphoric about my chest. I'm trans questioning, but my mom got a reduction and she's a cis woman. Do you have any back pain/other pain caused by your breasts? I think my mom was having back pain and had to get hers reduced. She was able to get hers covered by her insurance. If you have an OBGYN, it might help to make an appointment and talk to them. At an OBGYN appointment I mentioned that my mom had gotten a breast reduction, and my OBGYN had told me she was willing to help me explore that. Just some ideas. If you google how to get a breast reduction covered by insurance, there's quite a few articles with ideas. I wish you luck!