1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont care?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Socky, May 5, 2019.

1. Socky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a close family friend recently passed away a couple days ago. She was on life support and she had breast cancer that spread to somewhere else. She was on life support fora a few days and then she died. Her family recently held a fundraiser for her burial. Everybody is poor so that isnt going well.

Her name was Becky and she used to raise me and my sister after my mother died. We knew her well but i havent seen her since i was 14.

My sister is taking it hard and my grandma is too. She was 52.

But i dont care deep down inside and all i want to do is make jokes about it and smile at her family. Like in their face.

Lol why?

Is something wrong? Why do i feel this way?

I know this post is blunt but what how could i beat around the bush about something like this? I figured id just come out and say it. Dont get mad at me please.

I put some sugar on this post btw.

I dont even know if i should post this. I geuss ill try it.

Feedback and support would be appreciated.

2. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    was this person good to you when she was alive? You haven't really described what you thought of her or how she treated you.

3. Socky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well she was mean at times, especially to my older sister. She was actually kind of cruel. I dot remember much but she was using all the time. We ate little and there was never any love or affection. She was cold. But so was my mother.

Ummm lets see she would slap us around and make insults toward us all the time. Hmmm what else would she do...

I think she was just a major b**** all the time and she got a kick out of seeing us suffer. But I havent seen her for a long time, my sister told me she got cle

4. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, if you didn't like her, you didn't like her. No need to pretend to be sad about it, save your tears for someone more worthy. Although you should probably still respect the woman's family while they are grieving.

Why do you suppose your sister is taking it hard if this person was "especially mean to her" ? Is it the first time your sister has dealt with the death of someone she knew personally? Or are there feelings of guilt? For example, if this person was mean to you as kids, did you spend a lot of time insulting her and talking about how nasty she was, and maybe your sister feels bad about it now she's gone? Maybe talk to your sister about it. I'm sure your sister's feelings are more important to you than the dead woman and her family.

Socky and Shorthaul like this.
  5. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say your response to her death is unusual given the little bit I know about the situation. I can say I don't think I would be upset about someone who treated me poorly passing away.

Socky likes this.