1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like just giving up...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Old Soul, May 4, 2019.

1. Old Soul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a very bad place in my life right now. I'm 27 with no job and still live at home with my family. I struggle with major depressive disorder. I don't have health insurance which makes it hard to find counseling. All I wanna do is lay in bed and isolate from everything. I don't have the confidence and outgoing personality required to get a job. I feel trapped and don't see a way out of this hell. I'm real close to just giving up altogether and ending my life. I don't see any reason to continue living. Somebody please help me!!

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Old Soul,

It sucks, doesn't it? The world isn't made for some. It doesn't hold your hand while you learn and grow and it's every man for himself.. for the most part. I learned that early.

I admit it's a bit difficult to understand exactly what you're going through, as I've always been one to show off and am currently trying to prove people wrong. I just turned 20 you see, and I'm trying to prove myself as a functioning adult because I look 13.

Sorry, enough about me.

You're sad, feeling alone?

If you ended it now..
    This would be your life in conclusion.
    no chance for resolution
    little happiness
    distant fond memories

There's a part of you that wants to get better
    There's a part of you that wants to genuinely smile again
    There's a part of you that's curious to know what lays on the other side of this obstacle

It always gets better. I truly believe that

Who knows, maybe this is all for nothing. Only 2 ways to find out I guess, right?

I'm always here if anything I said was interesting in the slightest

haha
    Here's a big cheesy smile emoji :grin: since I can't give you one in real life