1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you endorse for president in 2020?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, May 4, 2019.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay I know it's a little early to be talking about this but we already have such a crowded field of candidates running in the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election that I wanted to see what you guys think. I was going to add a poll for this but it can only hold 10 and at the present time, there is 23 people running.

Here are the choices:
    1. Dem. John Bennet
    2. Dem. Joe Biden
    3. Dem. Cory Booker
    4. Dem. Pete Buttigieg
    5. Dem. Julian Castro
    6. Dem. John Delaney
    7. Dem. Tulsi Gabbard
    8. Dem. Kirsten Gillibrand
    9. Dem. Kamala Harris
    10. Dem. John Hicklenlooper
    11. Dem. Jay Inslee
    12. Dem. Amy Klobuchar
    13. Dem. Wayne Messam
    14. Dem. Seth Moulton
    15. Dem. Beto O'Rourke
    16. Dem. Tim Ryan
    17. Dem. Bernie Sanders
    18. Dem. Eric Swalwell
    19. Dem. Elizabeth Warren
    20. Dem. Marianne Williamson
    21. Dem. Andrew Yang
    22. Rep. Bill Weld
    23. Rep. Donald Trump

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can’t say I’m too involved with American politics, but I’d like to see Biden or Bernie win.

3. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To be honest I like most of the democrats, and a large part of me is just hoping that the primary doesn't turn sour or nasty. My favorite three are probably Buttigieg, Warren, and Harris. My least favorite (other than Trump) is probably Bernie to be honest.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m with Biden because he’s the most electable candidate. Winning the 2020 election isn’t going to be all that difficult, as Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania all swung hard D in the midterm and at least here in Michigan, the MDP learned the hard lessons of 2016.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there are several winnable candidates however Biden of course is the one who stands out most to me.

The candidates I don't feel that are winnable are Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and Tulsi Gabbard. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have great ideas but with Bernie I don't see him winning over moderates and disenfranchised republicans and with Warren the two Native American fiasco would be a too much of a distraction for the party and Trump would focus on it until the end and we all know that. Tusli Gabbard I just think is way too liberal and I don't think she can bring the party together.

6. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll wait until a Libertarian or Independent throw their name in before I actually start looking into it.

7. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, it's Bernie, Biden, or Warren that'll be the last three standing. However, I can see many of the other Democratic candidates end up being part of the winner's cabinet.

And at this point, the concern of 'too extreme on the left' is a lose-lose proposition. For instance, there was a centrist Dem in my state which lost the Senate seat to a Republican last November...and it's possibly a sign that moderates can't prosper.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Joe Biden is my first choice. I think he could beat Trump and I think he is one of the most honorable candidates running. Buttigieg comes in at a close second.

#8 Andrew99, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  9. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now? Buttigieg or Harris. I like Biden but he wouldn't be my top choice. Bernie's a hard no for a primary pick but if he ended up being the Democratic choice, I'd vote because I do like him I just...don't want him.

However, I will also say that I'd really like to see some other Republicans step up and put their hats in the ring. I think since the past two presidents had 8 year terms there's a lot of people that just assume Trump will be the Republican nominee without much opposition but please challenge. The great thing about our democracy is every four years we have a chance of someone new with a chance of one sticking around for an extra four. I vote Democrat, but I always find many people stepping up refreshing regardless of what party.

Bernie's an Independent running on the Democratic ticket, I think a lot of people forget about that.

10. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buttigieg, Warren, or Harris. Don’t want Bernie.

11. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A part of me wants Buttigieg to win. Because seeing our country go from having such an outright homophobic administration,(particularly Pence) to having a gay president would be sweet, sweet, justice. BUT I was a Bernie Sanders supporter last election and I still feel like he has what it takes. I wasn’t allowed to vote for him in the primaries as an independent voter. So I’d love to have another shot this go round if he can make it to the general.

#11 Love4Ever, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  12. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nobody tbh.

13. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biden. Buttigieg is my second choice then idk after that. Never ever ever Bernie.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any Dem with a verifiable pulse who polls well enough to beat Trump.

15. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that is the problem with our elections, its not about who is the best person for the job; but who the lesser evil running for office is.

16. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for being the one to say this. I know people will give me flack for this but it’s the god honest truth and it’s why I have stayed independent. I am a registered independent because I believe in this. I stayed true to my principles even when it didn’t benefit me. I’m barred from voting in primaries, (which I think is an outrage) and people I supported were constantly marginalized. But you know what? I voted my conscience which is something that is undervalued these days. And I’m not ashamed of doing that. I voted for what I believed in because that’s what voting imho should be about.

17. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Biden, even though I’m a Republican. He’s a nice mix of competent, experienced, famous enough to win, and not trying to force self serving radical changes, just run the country.

Bernie is just all around harmful to everyone in my opinion and should know better than to run again. In an election this important he should have backed off and supported someone less controversial instead of selfishly throwing himself back into the spotlight at the expense of the Democratic Party. Clinton probably would have won last time if Bernie hadn’t dragged her down so much for so long. He’ll just have the same effect again.

18. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    IMO this is why we need to implement ranked voting (or some variant thereof) in elections across the board. That way, you can register your true opinion properly without worrying about the spoiler effect or your vote being effectively wasted.

19. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a former EC staff member unceremoniously boot me from his facebook because I posted something similar (actually, toned down a bit) to what I'm about to say.

"Voting your conscience" is only possible for those high on the privilege ladder (or those who, for some reason, are unable to comprehend just how serious the current political situation is.)

For some folks, voting for anything but whomever has the strongest chance of getting Trump out of office is putting their lives at risk. Rights are being stripped from trans people on a daily basis. LGBT people can now, according to a new executive order, be refused medical care by professionals who have religious objections. This could mean death in some circumstances. People of color, especially Muslims and middle easterners, but also African-Americans, are more at risk in this country than they have been for decades, because blatant racism is being condoned by the current administration.

But go right ahead, vote for the narcissistic asshat Jill Stein or the bozo Gary Johnson or whatever other clown decides to run, and possibly be one of the very small margin of people (in some states) whose failure to vote for the candidate most likely to unseat Trump gets us stuck with him for another 4 years. Show your privilege and selfishness.

#19 Chip, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
  20. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yay ranked voting yay...