1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Therapists

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by OnceUponAMeme, May 1, 2019.

1. OnceUponAMeme

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just wanted the opinions of others on this. I am currently seeing a therapists for depression and some anxiety and i am wondering if i should bring up dysphoria I feel with her. I don't feel comfortable asking my parents to see a specific gender therapist and the dysphoria I feel often greatly affects the issues i primarily see her for. Is talking about it with her a good idea? IDK if she has history with lgbtq+ clients and i haven't even told her that im bi yet, a fact that i am very confident in, let alone telling her about something im not certain about. Should I wait until i am able to access a gender therapist to discuss these feelings?

2. Flynn S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should bring it up only if you are comfortable with doing so. If she does not have the resources to help you, she may be able to refer you to someone who does. Since your dysphoria is tied to your overall mental health, it would probably be in your best interest. Do you have any means of checking whether she is friendly towards lgbtq+ clients?