1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to stop looking for reassurance to your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hope4love, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hope4love

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    always googling and researching different and random topics all the time about my sexual orientation, it's interesting but tiring and i'm not sure if it's healthy to do, if i'm not researching about it when i'm walking alone or around people i lose awareness and start overthinking over and over again.

MHF Doge and 18breanna like this.
  2. Jaimequestions

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Society and they way we are brought up can have an impact on how you perceive things. There is a part of your brain that says it is not normal and there is something wrong, but if it feel right, then that is the road I would take. When you come to accept how you are then the feelings will go away.

Hope4love, Bud and 18breanna like this.
  3. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 12-13 years old and realized I’m not straight, I constantly looked up stuff like “how to find out if you’re gay”, etc. A big reason for this obsessive search is the anxiety over possibly being gay (which is sinful in the religion I was brought up in) and me wanting to assure myself that I’m not “really” gay, because I couldn’t accept myself back then.
    It’ll pass once you come to terms with yourself. You’re not sinful or perverted, and there’s nothing wrong with being not-straight. Take care.

Hope4love and 18breanna like this.
  4. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When i was confused I used to spend my days lost in my own thoughts and i’d spend all my free time reseaching stuff about sexual orientation. I got very frustrated with myself but I couldn’t just let it go and try to just live my life and see what happens.

This went on for more than a year but once you find yourself, accept yourself and get confident about your identity, all of this slowly fades away. Give it some time, it’s normal to want to figure it all out right now and to have to many thoughts going on but you’ll get past that!

Hope4love, Leah061 and 18breanna like this.
  5. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah same here. I just wanted a test/quiz that could pop out an answer. Like "you got 5/7 questions, you are gay!"
    But it's not that easy...lol

Hope4love, Leah061 and Rin311 like this.
  6. Sweldon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done exactly what you're doing. I used to read all the tumblr blogs, take all the "are you gay?" quizzes, etc.
    I think it stems from personal insecurity or wanting to find any form of evidence that you can prove to yourself that you aren't really LGBT.
    Over time, after a day of a lot of self-evaluation, I realized that I was once in love with a girl and I couldn't deny it anymore. Then it slowly faded over time. (I still look up gay memes but it's not to the same intensity as when I was younger.)

18breanna and Hope4love like this.
  7. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's how it happens. One day. you catch yourself daydreaming about that girl/boy for the 4th time that day...and you can't deny your love for the same gender <3