1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?!?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Skyee, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Skyee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I need help? I believed for the longest time that I was straight, but in the past year I’ve been considering the fact that I might be Bi. I’m worried about how people will react, because I know my grandparents are homophobic and my best friends family (who are practically my second family) are very religious, which makes me worried they won’t accept me. There’s also the problem of my friends, who I believe may be slightly homophobic even if they won’t admit it. What do I do? Am I Bi or just really confused?

2. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's extra hard to deal with these questions when you're dealing with the additional uncertainty of a unsupportive environment like that. Why do you think you might be bi?

3. Anaduin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, honestly, I don’t really have much in the way of advice, but I just wanted to let you know that I am going through a very similar situation. I am unsure as to whether I am a lesbian, bi, or straight as I have realized my feelings may not be normal (at least for straight). I also come from a very religious family and I know they’ll disown me if they find out. Just wanted to let you know that your not alone and if you wanna talk I’m here.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey befor you worry about how people will react perhaps you can just give yourself sometime to figure out how you actually feel.

What has made you question your sexuality?

PatrickUK likes this.
  5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the comments posted above by silverhalo. It sounds like anxiety about other people's reactions is getting the better of you and may be stopping you from processing your own feelings about being bisexual.

You said you considered yourself straight for the longest time and only within the last year have you started to think you are bi. Can you tell us more about this? Was there anything or anyone that precipitated these feelings? Talk to us about that for now, so you can feel more settled in your sexuality and then you can worry about other people.