1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever regret coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bearheart, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have a good attitude. Best of luck to you!

Unsure77 likes this.
  2. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've come out to a friend, and my mother. My friend (being LGBT+) as well obviously accepted me, and my mother did as well easily. So I don't regret it or anything, although coming out to my mom has also made me feel I should to my dad at some point and I am quite anxious over that because I am unsure how he would react. I think he will be fine with it given that he is quite liberal, I'm just nervous it will be one of those "I never expected it to happen to my kid" thing.

Ravenstar likes this.
  3. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could say the same about you. I’ve been inspired watching your journey unfold these last few months.

Ravenstar and Dionysios like this.
  4. Celadon

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my mother didn't believe me when I said and to this day she doesn't believe and ignores what happened. But tell my friends that I'm LGBT+ was very good for me

(hey, sorry I have a bad english)

Ravenstar likes this.
  5. Ravenstar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    #same!!! My mom did not believe me when I "came out" ...

AlixBlu likes this.
  6. Reviskova

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. i regret coming out a lot, but also, i feel like it was the right thing to do. ever since i came out, things have been very awkward/tense with most of my family. i was never too close to them, but it still hurts. i think it is specifically because of me because it only started when i told everyone i was questioning my gender and things. i am frequently called "it" and made to be the subject of jokes here and there which i find really insulting. some of them have also complained that "its too hard to change what i call you" (because back then i wanted to be called a different pronoun than now.) and often those people who complain totally ignore my wishes. i have been told many, many insulting things that i feel like i would reach some imaginary character limit here if i tried to list even half. they seem to hide behind saying that they are accepting, when they really arnet. not to mention barely anyone believed me. my mother included (even though she is one of the most accepting and supportive people in my life now)

This may sound rude, i dont mind losing them. I have family members that i like, and even though they are a small bunch, they accept me and treat me like im not crazy. which is all that matters. worst thing is that i absolutely dread holidays now (or any time spent with my family that is outside of the 4 or 5 members that actually treat me like a human) . and block out most of them with music which is also something they make fun of me for. ah well, i knew i couldnt win shortly after coming out. if they never accepted me or are never going to, they honestly arnet worth my time.

#26 Reviskova, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. Ravenstar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also dread holidays.

Reviskova likes this.