1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other trans people think they'd be good-looking if they could actually transition?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThatBorussenGuy, Apr 5, 2019.

1. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I (transmale) look at myself in the mirror when I can't see my full reflection (i.e, can't see the certain female parts that stick out), and think, "Man, you'd actually look damn good if you could transition". Three years of working out and lifting weights has given me a bit more of a masculine build and a not-insignificant self-confidence boost, but then I look at myself the rest of the time and think I'm funny-looking. I know my self-confidence issues would be greatly reduced (if not eliminated) if I could transition, but I can't right now and it's killing me.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced that feeling. Not just "I'd be happier if I could transition", but look at themselves and think "Daaaaaaaaaamn, boy/girl, you'd really look good if you could fully transition".

#1 ThatBorussenGuy, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depending on my self esteem of the moment, I either think I look good or I completely refuse to look in the mirror.

I don't look female anymore, since I've been on hormones for like 5 years now, but I think I would look better with a mustache, and it's growing painfully slow.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before I transitioned I was always told I was a pretty girl, but personally I thought I was horribly ugly and would never pass as male. I looked very awkward to say the least. When I finally started hormones it took well past a year to get to a point where I see the physical changes that have happened. I took me a while to even notice them because for 19 years I was used to seeing a feminine person looking back at me in the mirror. It takes time to even register the changes in your own mind. And also we don't tend to notice how we change because we see ourselves every day. It was only until other people hadn't seen me for a few months and when they saw me again were like, "woah you've changed."

Pairing all of that with a low self esteem makes it hard to see yourself as attractive. Some days I see my reflection and I'm like hot damn, other days I think I'm a slug. But transitioning has definitely made there be more of the former. It is so satisfying to see everything come together finally. Right now my only complaint is that I look fifteen or sixteen years old when I am actually almost twenty one. Hopefully in the next few years of transition I'll start to look less like a boy and more like a man. Hopefully, a dashingly good looking man.

So in short, yes I think we all wonder that. Sometimes it just takes an outward perspective and some time to see the changes.

Verklighet likes this.