1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get back with my ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mlansing, Apr 1, 2019.

1. mlansing

I dated my ex for 3 months about a couple of years ago. Since then we have remained friends but have not spent much time together through my own choice. The reason I broke up with him is because I didn't feel like I was in love with him or falling in love with him, but looking back I realize that I also wasn't ready for a serious commitment because I had just come out not long before that and I needed time still to get to know my own self as a gay man.

He and I hung out recently, and I realized actually just how great of a guy he is, and how great of a partner he would be. A part of me even feels excited about the idea of getting back together. But, I don't want to do it if I'm again going to not feel that my heart is fully in it. Then again, the men that I have fallen madly in love with usually didn't want me back, or if I ended up dating them I realized they weren't who I thought they were.

Is part of maturing realizing that a partner can only give you so much? I don't want to settle, but I also see a lot of potentially great things with him. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Part of maturing is having a better understanding of what you want/need in a relationship, what is okay and what is absolutely not okay, and what compromises you make without jeopardizing your own values and beliefs.

Don’t settle if you think that’s what you’re getting yourself into.

mlansing likes this.