1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date or No Date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by J321J, Mar 29, 2019.

1. J321J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys,

Some context: I'm in my early 20s and I met a woman who's slightly older on a dating app. We spoke for a month or so and then stopped talking for around 2 months due to work buildup. I apologised and explained the situation and she was completely fine with it and very understanding. We've now been talking for the last 2 and a half months.

The issue: I've finally worked up the courage to ask her out (first time I've ever asked someone of the same sex out) but I'm really not sure if it's a date. I asked her if I could "take her out" for an activity and then drinks twice to be sure and she agreed (albeit without expressly responding to the drinks part of it) but I'm starting to have doubts as to whether or not she's viewing this as a date because some things on her social media seem to suggest she already has a girlfriend plus I'm always the one initiating conversation. This date/no date is happening in a few hours and it's the first time I'm going out with a girl so I'm already really nervous. How am I supposed to figure out if this is actually a date or merely a 'friendly' meeting? And what do I do if it ends up not being a date? Won't it be awkward? Sorry for all of the questions - I'm new to this and becoming increasingly nervous. Thank you for any advice on what to do/say

#1 J321J, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What's the definition of a date in your opinion. I think that will help you figure it out. For me, a date is just a nice evening out with a person, for them to get to know me and for me to get to know them, over dinner and maybe a movie. I don't expect physical intimacy other than maybe a goodbye hug and a kiss while leaving. If this is the first time you're meeting (despite the weeks of chatting) maybe you should just see how it goes(without having any prior expectations) and then decide after the meeting, if it was a date or not (depending on how the evening goes).

Do let us know about the "date". :slight_smile:

3. J321J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Phoenix90,

That’s what I would define as a date as well. A nice activity of some sort e.g. movie and then drinks/dinner, getting to know each other and then maybe a good night kiss or something haha. Okay thank you - it’s just a nice meeting then thank you, I really appreciate it.

Will let you know