1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've arranged a first date! Now what? I'm also a little anxious about the age thing.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ShiftyExtreme, Mar 27, 2019.

1. ShiftyExtreme

Alright, so I know this guy who I've been texting my heart out to for the past week and now tomorrow we are going to meet up at his place and hopefully play some smash brothers.

This time I know he's gay, I knew of him because his brother told me he existed and I knew from there. Also, he called rami Malek hot in one of our chats, so that's a pretty strong indication. He also seems to get constant little comedic teases from his mom making light of him coming out a few months ago (his brother told me that) on Facebook.

He plays Minecraft and likes sonic and nerdy stuff and a lot of the other things I like, and I really liked that about him, he seems sweet too and I really like the idea of meeting him in person. I mostly bragged about how much I could lift and my rugby tackles. He does say he has very little space in his room and it's messy but I'm cool with that, I've seen much worse. I think. He doesn't seem shallow though.

Now I'm not going to get too much into his looks, but he looks kind of chubby but in a good way and has a really nice sort of like surface layer beard. Looks like he shaves it. When I was talking to his younger brother I said that if brother looked anything like him, it would be a done deal for me, as a joke and comedic compliment. The younger brother said no, and he was right, but he looked better than I thought he would. He kinda looks like that van Hohenheim character from FMA without glasses. It doesn't matter though.

Now the main issue here is age, his younger brother, 17, said his brother was a year older than him.
    I am 16 (well almost) that's 2-3 years age gap. It's not illegal by any capacity here in Canada (look it up), but I'm just worried about whether or not it'll make things weird. I am a lot younger than him but my philosophy here is that it won't matter in 3 or 4 years but I wanted to ask you guys for your opinion. Is it weird?

#1 ShiftyExtreme, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. Waffless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all just don't over think it and cross that bridge if you ever need too, p.s. I'm really happy you have Someone

ShiftyExtreme likes this.
  3. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As long as it's not illegal I dont see a problem. If you're on the same level emotionally it shouldn't be weird

ShiftyExtreme likes this.
  4. ShiftyExtreme

Well, I don't quite have someone yet, I do hope he likes me though :slight_smile: and that this could be a long term thing
    With some luck, good things come out of this.

5. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As long as it is legal, Remember if something goes down that your not comfortable with NO means NO!

Dean

ShiftyExtreme and Waffless like this.